Sad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News

It is sad news I bring, Yesterday we all lost a good friend. Jay Hahn known here as "Tiptop", lost his long battle with cancer. The following is a note from his wife Karen and their son William.
    Mel

Dear, dear Dears,
    Jay's spirit whooshed out of his body at 10:03 today.
    We know this because William was lying next to him, holding him and he felt it.
    His spirit went out of his hands. His hands never lost their strength until that moment.
    His eyes had failed him, but his hands did not.
    All day yesterday, his nearest and dearest came to bid him farewell. There was a fire in the fireplace. There were candles everywhere. Each person had private moments and we had much laughter and stories too. We had ceremony and sang to him. There was lots of food and drink. He was absolutely without distress.
    He "took to the bed" for exactly 38 hours. We knew he would make short work of that part because he did not want William and I to suffer for very long.
    There will be a memorial, next Saturday, probably. When I confirm the details, I'll let you know.
    I am heartbroken for you as you read this news.
    Know that he knew how much you loved him.
    When the little boys in Lake Arrowhead learned this morning that Jay was close,
    Donyea said "Peace...peace...peace"
    And so it is.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
    Oregon Coast

Bugger,
    And he promised to sweep my floor when he came over.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

:-(

Comment

It is indeed sad. Jay sent me a private message back in April or thereabouts when he noticed that I live in Oregon, not really all that far from him. I didn't see any rush to visit him, he never mentioned that he was ill. Too bad I didn't get around to it, I understand he was also a gifted woodworker.

My friend, the Turk was over to see him and was impressed by Jay. Wish now I'd have gone along.

TC
        I cut it off twice; it's still too short
        Oregon, USA

Comment

Jay, you will be missed.

Thanks for your thoughts for without them we would never have known who you were
          Thanks for your imagination for it allowed us all another view of what could be
          Thanks for your friendship on the board, for without it we would all be less than who we are now.

Cheers friend, cheers

~
          Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Tiptop was a nice guy for sure.... I know he's in a far better place then we are.
            Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

In the short time i have been a member of the forum, During this time Jay contacted me, (and on the visit to the u.k. he sadly never got to make along with Karen) Jay stated he was looking forward to coming to see many of us , And in this i felt priviledged that i was included, It is sad it was not to be, I really felt i wanted to meet this friendly &knowledgable engineer
              Karen &her family will be in my prayers, and also my church prayer group on Wednesdaymorning in this sad time

Comment

I had much similar experience as OM, not here that long but had the pleasure of communicating with him off to the side, I can say you immediately got both the impression he was a great guy and class act, looks like that surrounded him as Karen has shown the same. You share both my sympathies and admiration on how you've handled this unfortunate hand.

The lineshaft is runnin and the Monarchs spitting chips wherever Jay is now.............
                Last edited by hardtail; 11-01-2009, 08:57 PM.
                Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

We will miss his knowledge and enthusiasm. May his spirit find piece.

Bob

Comment

Jay was one of the good guys...Rest in peace my friend.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer
                      Tiptop was a nice guy for sure.... I know he's in a far better place then we are.
                      One of our family is gone.

Comment

sigh... you'd think expecting it would make it easier.
                        there will always be a ghost of lineshaft running in my head for those odd moments when he shows up.
                        --
                        Tom C
                        ... nice weather eh?

Comment

uh....damn it. I hate the way this damn carnival ride ends.

Good luck and Godspeed my man.... best wishes to the family. You shall be missed.

Mac.

Comment

Farewell...

Comment

Holy Smoke!.. This happened fast....or so it seems to us.
                              Reminds me of Thrud. I still feel bad that he was gone for quite awhile before I found out.
                              I hope Jay truly is in a better place.
                              Russ
                              I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Working...
                              X