Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T_henry
    replied
    Brain thanks for the post, I have the Lathmaster LMT25 which is the same as yours and I will put in on the list of things to do.

Thanks
    Tim
    Last edited by T_henry; 11-06-2009, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brian Rupnow
    replied
    Originally posted by lynnl
    Hmmm. After re-reading post #39 (3 or 4 times actually), I see no mention of that piece. I just see a discussion or the knurled pieces.

Oh well, doesn't really matter. As I said it just looks thicker in that picture, but without some reference it's hard to tell, even with my carefully calibrated eyeballs.
    I'll have to take my eyeballs in for recalibration--Steve is correct---it was post #29.---Brian

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Its post 29

Steve Larner

Leave a comment:

• lynnl
    replied
    Originally posted by brian Rupnow
    Obviously, you missed post #39---I remade the plate from 1/4" stock.
    Hmmm. After re-reading post #39 (3 or 4 times actually), I see no mention of that piece. I just see a discussion or the knurled pieces.

Oh well, doesn't really matter. As I said it just looks thicker in that picture, but without some reference it's hard to tell, even with my carefully calibrated eyeballs.

Leave a comment:

• brian Rupnow
    replied
    Originally posted by lynnl
    So what thickness did you settle on for that bracket (the controversial 'red' part)?
    It looks thicker than 1/8" in that last picture.

Functionality aside, wherever space permits, a beefier part usually just looks more visually appealing to me. But that's just me. Sort of gives me a feeling of comfort or security I guess.

I do like the addition of the knurled bolt heads. I'd thought about that earlier; just the convenience.
    Obviously, you missed post #39---I remade the plate from 1/4" stock.

Leave a comment:

• Black_Moons
    replied
    Id make the whole thing as big and beefy as possable after seeing my lathe carriage able to bump my carriage stop and move it with very little effort whatsoever if your not uber careful cranking the carriage, remember your stoping a big table that glides like skaters on ice with all the same momentium

Leave a comment:

• lynnl
    replied
    So what thickness did you settle on for that bracket (the controversial 'red' part)?
    It looks thicker than 1/8" in that last picture.

Functionality aside, wherever space permits, a beefier part usually just looks more visually appealing to me. But that's just me. Sort of gives me a feeling of comfort or security I guess.

I do like the addition of the knurled bolt heads. I'd thought about that earlier; just the convenience.

Leave a comment:

• brian Rupnow
    replied
    Originally posted by John Stevenson
    Why are the adjustable stops that long ?

Because when the table is centered instead of cranked all the way to the left, I wanted them to stick down far enough for easy access.

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    Why are the adjustable stops that long ?

Leave a comment:

• brian Rupnow
    replied
    Being well known for "Not being able to leave well enough alone" I decided that since I had room for pretty knurled finger knobs, I would make some.----Thus justifying the money I spent to buy a knurler which has never been put to any practical use since I bought it! I had a piece of 3/4" "mystery metal" laying around, so I drilled it out to 5/16" diameter, turned down the heads of the 1/4" shcs. for a press fit, then silver soldered things together. I drilled the hole all the way though, so if I need to I can still tighten the shcs. with an allen wrench.

Leave a comment:

• Circlip
    replied
    You got me beat there Doozer, I don't think I wrote what you think you read.

Regards Ian.

Leave a comment:

• Peter N
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer
    I'm sorry you think I hate you Brian, because I don't.
    I hate Ian acting like the guardian of the free world.

--Doozer
    Surely Not!
    Didn't that job belong to RavingSerf??

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    I'm sorry you think I hate you Brian, because I don't.
    I hate Ian acting like the guardian of the free world.

--Doozer

Leave a comment:

• brian Rupnow
    replied
    WoW Doozer!!! Sorry you hate me!!!----I'll try to do better.----Brian

Leave a comment:

• lynnl
    replied
    Uhh.., excuse me Doozer, but I think you're mis-interpreting Circlip's point (by, like maybe about 180 degrees!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X