Torker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torker

Hey Russ, just saw your reply on Alistair's post. How are you keeping Buddy, Was just going to ping you, miss your input. Peter
    The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Hi Peter!
    Geez...I'm finally getting the wreckin yard cleanup finished.
    Turned out to be a far bigger job than I'd ever imagined.
    I "thought" I had 250 motorcycles. Turns out I had nearly 400.
    120+ sleds....numerous ATV's etc.
    Tens of thousands of parts...mostly useless because the guys who parted them out never marked what they where for.
    Had numerous guys wanting to take all the bikes...all the sleds and ATV's.
    NOBODY came thru...after months of trying to find this ol junk a home...I finally was forced to scrap the whole bloody works...most of it for nothing.
    I held on too long. Now I'm dealing with everything in the snow.
    Had to get rid of all the storage school buses before it snowed so everything ended outside in bins to be sorted later...
    Cost a small fortune to have the buses towed out of here.
    Yep...then it snowed, half melted and froze everything into giant ice gobs.
    I finally got it all sorted out yesterday...the last load hauled out.
    Unreal...the landfill kept track of the weight of the plastic I threw out...
    Nearly 16,000 pounds...sled hoods...sled parts, motorbike fenders, tanks...you name it. Thousands and thousands of parts....very few marked what they where for.
    Hauled out over 35,000 pounds of steel/alu...all to white metal at the scrap yard. Got nothing for it.
    Spent over a month sorting clean alu and dirty alu. I got a bit for it but prices are low.
    Scrappers sent a big semi out here with a picker. He hauled steady for two days out of here.
    Sent a HUGE bin full of bike/sled motors out of here also.
    I have a bit of old wood to burn and the cleanup is finally done!!! YAY!!!!
    This coming week I'm finally getting around to advertizing my machine shop stuff for sale.
    I'm trying to keep my welding equipment.
    I've moved one load of stuff out to Saskatchewan a couple weeks ago...the rest will go when I sell some stuff.
    Haven't been making much money while doing the clean up but have been spending plenty on gas with all the trips to the scrapper and the dump.
    My thumb I almost cut off here awhile back...it's almost healed up but sure doesn't like the cold.
    Things are lookin ok tho...now that the junk is all out of here people are starting to look at the property so maybe it will sell soon.
    I'm looking forward to my new adventure...moving to a new place...hopefully getting a new business going soon.
    I have an incredible new woman in my life now.
    Russ
    Last edited by torker; 11-08-2009, 11:01 AM.
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Sacrilege - all those spare parts gone to scrap!
      Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
      Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
      Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

hey Russ, good to have you back, a blood shame to have toscrap it/sell it, but that's old ground. hope you are well

Comment

No wonder you haven't been posting. Really tough biting the bullet and junking all those bikes, sleds and parts, but there does come a time. If you are selling the little turret lathe I would be interested. Where in Sask are you going? Used to live in Battleford and have relatives in Wilkie. There's a bunch of hangar doors I built at the airport in Saskatoon. I wish you really good luck with the new venture and relationship. Peter [email protected]
          The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

I feel for you Russ........I was by your place one time and while we didn't meet I could see all the treasures..........unfortunate to scrap out but think of it as the last phase of your previous life to the start of your new.......PM me on the machines your floggin........I might be able to store or find a new home here.........
            Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Yes.. shame parts gone other people need.

:Life is not fair however as I continue to learn.

True Friends are. They stand by you when others accuse you of things you may or may not be guilty of.

Buddy, if you ever get down this way, well early on in the morning, the sun comes up over Fort mountain and I sit and drink coffee and really enjoy life.. till reality sinks in. Then I must deal with that issue too.

There are things in life we must deal with. There are things in life if we ignore they pass us by, sit and drink a cup of coffee and enjoy the quiet morning sometime.
              Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I know it's a bear unloading all those goodies but tell me the truth, don't you feel a little more free and able to move quickly if/when opportunity comes banging on the door? After 10 years of marriage job/financial picture went TU and everything we owned fit in the middle of a 1 car garage belonging to a friend. I got a fresh start and must say, I like where I'm sitting right now much better then where I was. You come through all this $h1t and are usually better for it. Yea, you still smell like $h1t but you know you got more substance I hope it works out for you that way Russ

Nice seeing your post again, all the best.

ray..........
                Last edited by Your Old Dog; 11-09-2009, 09:10 AM.
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Guys...Thanks so much for the good wishes!
                  It does feel good to turn this pretty piece of property back into something that anyone would want.
                  The junk...although it was treasured by many who didn't have to live with it...was a bloody eyesore.
                  It was listed for over 2 months and not a soul came to look.
                  Now that the crap is gone people are starting to look at it.
                  I'm still not real sure what all I'm going to sell as far as machines go.
                  I want to sell just enough to get me out of here.
                  I do agree with Ray tho...it does feel good to get rid of over 30 years of "memories"....lol! Mostly junk i haven't looked at in years....why bother packing it any further?
                  Lance...geez...I wish I would have known that was you sittin at the gate.
                  David...ya, sittin drinkin a coffee early...would be nice if I had time!!!
                  Got lots left to do before the serious snowballs start to fly!
                  Nice part of this place...it doesn't matter where I'm living, I can always stay in touch with you all.
                  Don't worry...I still have lots of dumb questions to ask...
                  I'll be around.
                  PS...those who sent PM's...I'll get back to you...just need a few minutes to spare!
                  Russ
                  I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                    I know it's a bear unloading all those goodies but tell me the truth, don't you feel a little more free and able to move quickly if/when opportunity comes banging on the door? After 10 years of marriage job/financial picture went TU and everything we owned fit in the middle of a 1 car garage belonging to a friend. I got a fresh start and must say, I like where I'm sitting right now much better then where I was. You come through all this $h1t and are usually better for it. Yea, you still smell like $h1t but you know you got more substance I hope it works out for you that way Russ

Nice seeing your post again, all the best.

ray..........
                    Had a biker buddy with a very similar story, was married no kids living in a house in the "British properties" section of Vancouver in a million dollar house waaaaaay back when that was real money, his wife came home one day from her corporate job in her Beemer raggin on him yet again about what he didn't do that day and how he didn't fit in there and he agreed and rode off on his scoot leaving the whole works and image for her.......later said it was one of the best days of his life...........

Congrats on finding a nice new partner.......sometimes busy is good medicine at forks in the road........All the best.
                    Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Good to hear your moving up Russ,bigger and better things to come me thinks.
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Good Luck Russ

Sometimes cleaning the Slate so to speak is such a mental Relief. Starting anew is a exiting thing and not burdening yourself with things can be Mentally Refreshing. Im wishing you the Best Russ in youre future Endeavours. If youre ever in my area drop in and have some beers. Mike Waterloo Ontario

Comment

Working...
                        X