Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant

Jackary.

That is a brilliant job - from concept, planning and execution.

I never get tired of seeing it - ever!!

Can you please post the link to it in full - you posted it some time ago. There will/may be some here who have not seen it to appreciate it.

As regards your problems with accessing this site/forum - can you please explain/detail what the problems are or seem to be please?

I expect that there may well be some others here with similar problems.

There will also be some here who can identify the cause, the effects and the solution.

Comment

I was trying to remember a solution I'd seen to the tailstock problem I'd seen and Jackary's post prompted my memory.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/metalmaster/index.html
      Paul Compton
      www.morini-mania.co.uk
      http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

hhaha at some of the other design choices on that.. Lets move the entire bed up/down to work height while milling, No compermising the lathe design there!
        Im sure keeping that bed within an arc second of alignment is fun :P

Here I thought I had seen it all, but now iv seen the round collumn lathe/3in1 im sure I have.
        Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by dockrat
          Tiff-Dave you guys are right. There are many work arounds and I have used them all to get the job done in spite of the short tailstock but your all missing the point of my rant here. I wasn't whinning because I couldn't get the job done. I was whining because why couldn't they design a tailstock with one inch longer reach so we wouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to get the job done. I think I am starting to sound like my wife here. "All I want is one more inch"
          Yeap, I think I missed that....
          Mind you the solution is simple:
          Go get a piece of HRS, Use lathe, Make 1" longer tailstock barrel
          You could probably have done it by now

Dave
          Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

Or buy a live center that sticks out an inch longer then most, some even have a fine taper after the point to give extra space for the tooling/toolpost.

One of those replaceable point centers, you could make a new point for.. http://www.lathemaster.com/images/TN..._SET_-_MT2.JPG
            Last edited by Black_Moons; 11-11-2009, 09:18 AM.
            Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie
              Jackary.

That is a brilliant job - from concept, planning and execution.

I never get tired of seeing it - ever!!
              Tiff, if you get Model Engineering Workshop, they have a 2-part series about Alan's lathe.

As EVGuru noticed, it's a high-tech version of the Metalmaster.
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Tdmidget….been there, done that.

Black moons. Got one of those and have made quite a few different points for it.

Small.planes. that’s what’s going to happen.

But you are all still missing the point of my rant which is why would they not design the tailstock to fit the saddle?
                Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

Old Tiffie wrote
                  Can you please post the link to it in full - you posted it some time ago. There will/may be some here who have not seen it to appreciate it.

As regards your problems with accessing this site/forum - can you please explain/detail what the problems are or seem to be please?

I expect that there may well be some others here with similar problems.

There will also be some here who can identify the cause, the effects and the solution

If you search " Stepperhead" on this forum or Google you will get some feedback. As to the computer problem it seems to have fixed itself after I asked the internet provider why was it so slow and threatened to change supplier. I may not be good at computers but how did it fix itself without any effort from my end apart from complaining? Any computer experts can give the reasons if they know the answers. Sorry to digress but the problem was that when I selected this group I got the reply that it could not be contacted and try again. Nothing I did or knew fixed it: it mended itself. The strange thing is that it only seemed to apply to this website so I thought I had been deselected. Paranoia rules.
                  Alan

Comment

Originally posted by jackary
                    I know I'm a late contributor to this thread
                    Thanks for popping in here. I'd been searching through all my stuff looking for a link to your pictures as I recalled you'd come up with a very elegant solution and a fine looking machine in the process.

Comment

Here's Alan (Jackary's) thread on the Stepperhead:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=32574
                      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
                      X