Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Ford makes headlines

http://www.mercurynews.com/

There's a front page article on Gryphon Stringed Instruments in today's (Monday 11/9) San Jose Mercury News, above the fold, no less. There's Frank, hunkered down over a guitar. There's nary a metalworking tool to be seen, but you can't have everything. Frank's site, http://frets.com/FRETSPages/pagelist.html gets a mention.

Yow - that was fast. I still haven't stepped out to the driveway to pick up the paper. Better get moving. . .
    Cheers,

Frank Ford
    HomeShopTech

Comment

Well it took awhile, but I finally found a narrative, but no picture. Nor was it on the front page, so I'm not sure I was looking at the right thing.

Comment

Frank is above the fold of the actual pulp product paper. I have no idea where the fold is on an internet paper. :-)

Comment

there's a video on the news paper site .
          http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_13733032

all thew best.markj
          Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 11-09-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

http://www.mercurynews.com/search/ci...ercurynews.com

Nice video and I'm pleased to see I'm not the only life long fan of Mississippi Fred McDowell (I do not play no rock and roll!)

Comment

Great write-up and video, congrats.

Comment

The story greeted me this morning as well, having stepped out for breakfast here in Santa Cruz. Nice to have something positive to read amidst all the usual news/carnage. Congratulations, Frank.

Comment

Congratulations Frank!

Very nice write up.

Comment

Hey,
                    I enjoyed the video to its fullest! Frank You don't look like I pictured yoU1 Heel, I am older than you and I thought the opposite! I do appreciate all the help you have givven me off line. I appreciate you and your talents!!! Fred

Comment

Franks website rocks. I have learned way too many tips from him. If your'e reading this Frank, thanks a bunch buddy.
                      Ted

Comment

Congratulations Frank!

Your talents have helped many to find the spotlight.
                        It's nice to see that in recognition of your dedication and skill you are in the spotlight as well.
                        Take a well deserved bow.

Willy
                        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories‚Äč

Comment

Never would have pictured Frank like that. Isn't it sort of amazing
                          how a person sort of thinks of a peason when the only input you
                          have is a phone voice or the web / email input and if you see them
                          it is such a suprise. I had this years ago, many phone conversations
                          with an engineer at a suplier and then one day he showed up at the
                          company along with a sales rep and I couldn't believe it was the same
                          guy. So Frank just doesn't look like Frank. :-) Sorry Frank. :-)
                          ...lew...

Comment

it's nice to see craftsmanship being recognized. congrats on the story.

Comment

Working...
                            X