before and after pics of the john deer 832

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• before and after pics of the john deer 832

ok as i had mention here are the pics some of the before and the after shots as well and she is running great..i wish i had taken more of the before shots but it gives and idea the work that was done and there was alot of it to do,

Last edited by airsmith282; 11-13-2009, 04:43 PM.

Looks gtreat, maybe too great, almost wouldn't want to use it (alnost)

Comment

Looks gtreat, maybe too great, almost wouldn't want to use it (alnost)

Comment

Nice but I hope I never have to use one.
        It's only ink and paper

Comment

Are there snow chains available for that thing?

That diamond tread tire doesn't look all that snow friendly. Otherwise..it looks great. I wish I owned one.

Hmmm...Dad has a Dr mower...and those will carry a blower... Say..

Cheers
          Mac.

Comment

auctualy the use of chains is what screws the bushings on snowblowers,the tires on it are fine all in great shape will work good has for 33 years and never a snag snow no need for chains and buggered bushings,

i just hope i dont have to do this to another machine for sometime, i gota get my pocket bike mod done before the spring lol

Comment

Interresting...

Except for the color that thing looks just like an Ahrens I had back when I lived in Indiana. (2 winter ago. Don't need it here in South Texas. 60 last night, 80 today. Won't be shovelling for a nother few months...)

Make sure the gears and shafts are lubricated. had one rust up and it was a pain to get it apart and lube it with all the ice and snow packed in. Even had a bushing in the gear. Had to make a little more clearence to make it function in the real world. Was a great unit though. Mine would have liked your tires, they were just a little bit small on mine.

Comment

i seen alot of these john deere's and they all seem to resemble the ariens perhapes the ariens are clones or the john deere ones are, really in the the real world all snow blowers are pretty much the same for the most part the seperation is the motors really, teshumseh motors are not the best by anymeans but they are simple as hell and i love their carbs ,

the B&S engins now your talking a real motor but they are a bit more advanced and built stronger made to take a beating and very hard to kill a B&S motor, then you got the chinese clone motors also very good and a bit better then then techumseh, hondas well their hondas and i wont touch one even for free they are built lousey and parts are of extream price in compareson to the rest of the stuff on the planet.. yamaha makes one of the best motors next to the B&S stuff and they last and are cheap to maintain, also you are now and will be seeing more and more 2 and 4 stroke stuff now a days copied from yamaha ,,

Comment

Originally posted by airsmith282

hondas well their hondas and i wont touch one even for free they are built lousey and parts are of extream price in compareson to the rest of the stuff on the planet..
                  Airsmith, I have to take exception to your comment about Honda engines being built lousy.
                  I have seen Honda engines operate in some of the most extreme conditions, neglected, and abused and still run like a top for years.
                  One in particular stands out as an example of an engine that should have died a long time ago without owing anything to anyone.

This particular 9HP engine was used to power a water pump on the back of a water truck used on highway construction projects. When I first saw it I could easily see the lack of care that it had already endured. Covered with about an inch or two of dust and grime it was obvious that it hadn't received a lot of TLC. This unit was not assigned to any particular yard or crew and was rotated to different areas as needed, so no one cared. I remember one summer we had it, the guy operating it would back down to a creek to draw water out to fill the tank, the temps were around 100°F, the water tank took about twenty minutes to fill, the engine pulling hard and hot as hell. When the tank was full it would come out the top of the tank and bathe that poor red hot engine in a nice ice cold creek water bath! Did that for years, and when checking with the maintenance department the only thing on record for this unit was a replacement recoil starter!

I have a couple of Hondas myself and they have always been a reliable source of power. I'm sure the parts aren't cheap, but then I've never had to buy any.
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by airsmith282
                    ok as i had mention here are the pics some of the before and the after shots as well and she is running great..i wish i had taken more of the before shots but it gives and idea the work that was done and there was alot of it to do,

For goodness sakes man paint the wheels! No self respecting J D owner would stand for that .
                    Seriously, all this talk of snowblowers lately....what are they for ?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo
                      For goodness sakes man paint the wheels! No self respecting J D owner would stand for that .

Steve
                      to much trouble to be bothered painting the wheels, to me its just a machine it dont have to be perfect looking just has to work

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo

Steve
                        I use mine to find toys the kids left in the yard from fall and to find branches that fell and got buried. It also works good to add a dimple effect to siding, especially when clearing gravel driveways.

andy b.
                        The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Working...
                        X