BOLICBAR wrench ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOLICBAR wrench ???

I have a friend who consistently gets things wrong when selling on ebay.

he's every ebayers dream if your looking for bargains

his last auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOLICBAR-U-S-A...1103177001r633

i told him to list it to sell to the USA. (worldwide)...................so he puts U S A...spaced out .. in the title ..and lists for Europe only..lol... and gets the spelling wrong ..maybe.... of what the tools manufacturer was

so what's the right spelling of bolicbar...as i cant make it out in the pics

i also told him to wire brush the tool and oil the handle.

he could also have placed it in the picture so the jaws were parallel.

then maybe he would have got a bit more for it from a collector .

all the best.markj

Looks like it reads, "BOLIE BAR" to me, for whatever that might be worth. . .
    Cheers,

Frank Ford
    HomeShopTech

Comment

ive tried that in google .. bolic-bar , boliebar and bolie-bar no results ..

so either, so rare, no one heard of them ..or spelling.

all the best.markj

Comment

I`m with Frank.It reads Bolie-bar.
        My old boss,forty five years ago told me "you can sell anything to the Yanks".
        I think even he would have drawn the line at that piece of cack.
        Is your mate Welsh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McGrath
          I`m with Frank.It reads Bolie-bar.
          My old boss,forty five years ago told me "you can sell anything to the Yanks".
          I think even he would have drawn the line at that piece of cack.
          Is your mate Welsh?
          Yes Rhyl, probably should have read Bolie- Baaa

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

It's a MonkeyWrench. I have a small collection small as 6" and up to 24".

They were originally used for square nuts.

Features are square adjustable inner jaw. Outside jaw is square, but larger and used for a hammer. Handle will have two piece wood inserts.

Comment

Nothin' better to do, so checked out U.S.A. 's eBay: Monkey wrench. Many available from 3 to 50 dollars, each. Early patent dates: 1877, 1879, 1883, 1907. Coes, Billings, Girard, Samson, Moore, Pexto brands.

One brand, BEMIS CALL, with 125 years of dings might be construed with an imaginitive eye to be read as a Bolicbar brand???

G

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                i also told him to wire brush the tool and oil the handle.
                This is bad advice. A collector would rather have an un-restored tool, or if they are interested in a restoration, do the restoration themselves. So many things are ruined by sellers trying to make things pretty for sale.

Comment

He should have listed it as such...

RARE Bolic-Bar adjustable wrench. Very few made and hard to find! I believe this one was bought new by my great-grandfather in 1907.

And he should have had an opening bid of $49.99.

andy b.
                  The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Originally posted by keelan
                    This is bad advice. A collector would rather have an un-restored tool, or if they are interested in a restoration, do the restoration themselves. So many things are ruined by sellers trying to make things pretty for sale.

No no no, you dip it in whatever paint you have around, that drives the price up.

Clutch

Comment

Working...
                    X