Ya'll remember my totalled civic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'll remember my totalled civic?

Well.. I primed the undersides.. still not ready for paint..
    Them body panels, one was stacked there in the corner of a fab shop.. while paying projects slipped in and out and friends projects came through.. Saturday.. someone tried to get me to push it out and insert thier emergency..

I am going to roll that early hood over on the front and trim-wire edge it over the headlights.. trim and bolt the bumper cover back on and do a stainless grille like I did on the F1..
    Last edited by Dawai; 11-16-2009, 07:46 AM.
    Excuse me, I farted.

How much do you figure that baby will haul? It certainly will be unique.

andy b.
    The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

I like that! Looks pretty nice.

Wasn't there an old Nisson that was 'modular' so you could in theory swap out the rear section and make a pickup convertible or wagon?

Converted a bronco 2 into a pickup a few years ago, looked pretty nice. Next project is to either convert my 2 door explorer over, or swap on a standard ranger cab and shorten a box to fit. (unfortunately, all I can find are extended cabs, or long boxes.)
      Ken

Comment

Curious Minds...................

Originally posted by andy_b
        How much do you figure that baby will haul? It certainly will be unique.

andy b.
        David,

Respectfully thinking...will you fit behind the wheel.

LOL

I get like this on a rainy day...soon to be rainy week.

Comment

Move the Seat

Back bout a foot and over to the right bout six inches to a foot also. Looks good Dave

Comment

It's a Ute. A Bute of a Ute.

Comment

I like it. Cant wait to see you toolin' down the road with a bridgeport in the back!

rock~
              Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

I love your sheet metal forming work, I suck at metal forming and I know its a true art to get that right..

but I have to ask, what is up with that welding job? all just tack welded and no beads and no grinding before painting? Maybe it doesnt matter since its a 'work' truck but just tack welds alone looks so nasty to me.

If you suffer from blowthrough while running beads try 0.024" solid core wire at 30A~ with argon/co2 (Put up wind blockers for outside), flux core is a PAIN in the rear to weld sheet metal with.

Welding painted things isent all that fun either..
                Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Back when full frame, full size cars were still commonly available, it was pretty common to see automobiles turned into pick-up trucks in these parts. Haven't seen one in quite some time. Nice job as usual David.

Comment

Working...
                  X