• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what i want to do-

make lots things on the long to do list

make a few dollars at it

what i have to do-

pay taxes,insurance,feed the cats,cut the grass bushes ,fix delapidated house ,car , boat ,fix lots of junky machines ,spend lots of money ,earn a little ,pay more taxes,find more broken things............................................ .......................

Comment

Thrud,

My justification for the messy shop... sweeping chips never makes as much money as making them. I thank God ever day that I have too much work to do and not enough time to clean. This is even more true at this time with the slow down in manufacturing.

Messy shop good
      CT

Comment

CT

I completely agree. It is a blessing to be too busy to even fart - even though we often do not appreciate it while we can.

George
        Sorry to hear your better half is ill. I pray she will be better soon.

Comment

I have said it before.I'll have to live to be 300 to get everyhing done!

I have been goig to build a new shop for 10+years now,everytime I start something else comes up,I don't know what I would do if I were married,I don't think I would have enough time to devote to a wife,maybe thats why I'm still single,hmmmm....nah!I'm just ugly
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

There is never enough time to get everything done that you want to. Also not enough money but thats another story. When I retired 5 years ago I thought I would have the time to get everything done. Really don't know how I had time to work in the first place. Have more projects on the want to do list than I had before and still don't have the time to get them done.

I look around and see other retired people that have nothing to do at all. If I could only train them to help me with my project so I could get more done and give them something to do. With most of the people that is not possible because they have no skill in the hands on work arena and also have no interest. If they got their hands dirty it would be the first time. Why retire if you have nothing to do?????

Anyway I will have to live at least 200 more years to complete the list and started projects I have now. If I could figure out how to have the energy I had when I was 20 and have the knowledge that I have now I could probably get everything done in about 100 years. Maybe I need to work on an age reversal process, will share it for free with the members of this board when I get it done. One more thing on the list now.

Joe

Comment

Hey BF,

Get your friend to leave his wife a note that she needs to tram the vertical head on the mill!!!

RR

Comment

While attending a marriage seminar on communication,

Wally and his wife Carolyn listened to the instructor declare, "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other."

He addressed the men, "Can you describe your wife's favorite flower?"

Wally leaned over, touched Carolyn's arm gently and whispered,"Robin Hood, All-Purpose, isn't it?"

And thus began Wally's life of celibacy.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

RR

My friend likes sleeping in the bedroom lots better than downstairs on the couch.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X