how to post pics using picassa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to post pics using picassa?

can someone tell me how to post pics to this forum by using picassa?
    our i.t. feller has photobucket locked out for some reason .the thread about what we build in our shops reminded me that i have a ton of pics but can't use or see pics from photobucket.so if someone could explain how to post from picassa(which i can get to,and have an account already setup)i would greatly appreciate it as i am making chips in the evening and get my hsm time during the day.
    i just lurk because i can't share pics so no point in talking about what you can't show.
    i have gone through the p-bucket picture post sticky and one guy said that you can post from picassa and gave a blog link but when you go to the link it says you have to be invited.if someone can help i would greatly appreciate it,tia.

leon holmes

Consider trying our free photo upload, which was meant for sharing photos in the forums. Works for all jpg and gif images under 200kb in size, and you don't have to login to use it.

GMT Free Photo Upload

Upload your photo, then copy and paste the link.

Comment

You may want to check this out:

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/

or consider the offer from Glacern.

Michael

Comment

Leon
        To use Picasa for photo hosting, upload your photos to Picasa. You have to open a Picasa account, of course. Then, while viewing your Picasa album, select the photo you want to link. Look on the right of the Picasa web page, and click "Link to this photo" and choose a size in the dropdown menu (small or medium works well). Then, check the box "Image only (no link)" and select all the URL text in the "Embed image box." Paste that text into the place you want to want your photo to appear. That's it! Google has recently made it easier, because formerly they did not offer the "Image only (no link)" option, and you had to copy a big pile of text into a text editor and copy out the relevant URL as a separate operation.

I find that joining Picasa resulted in little or no spam, etc. I was sure to check the appropriate "leave me alone" boxes.

The photo below is courtesy of my Picasa album. It's a "Small 288px"

RKlopp

Comment

here we go.custom fabricated offset countershaft sprocket.
          http://lh5.ggpht.com/_sAOOOObxJyg/Sm...88/18toscs.JPG

Comment

now with glacern.
            http://www.glacern.net/free_photo_upload/9141.jpg

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 531blackbanshee
                now with glacern.
                a little experiment

Comment

Originally posted by 531blackbanshee
                  here we go.custom fabricated offset countershaft sprocket.
                  another little experiment.

Comment

okay,first off thanks to everyone who replied.
                    i appreciate your time and help.
                    for some reason with both picassa and glacern i am having to go in and add the [IMG] code in front and [/IMG] at the end,otherwise they are coming up as bracketed url and bracketed forward slash url accordingly.that is not a problem and easy enough for me to remember to do.
                    thanks again guys,
                    leon holmes
                    Last edited by 531blackbanshee; 11-19-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X