DRO recommendations for an EMCO V7/V10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRO recommendations for an EMCO V7/V10

With some free time on my hands, I am pulling an EMCO V7 and V10 lathe out of storage and would like to add DROs to them.

What is the recommended DROs out today that would work well on these lathes?

And if anyone has installed a DRO on an EMCO lathe, I would appreciate hearing of your experiences and see pictures of your installation.

Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

TMT

Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools
    With some free time on my hands, I am pulling an EMCO V7 and V10 lathe out of storage and would like to add DROs to them.

And if anyone has installed a DRO on an EMCO lathe, I would appreciate hearing of your experiences and see pictures of your installation.

TMT
    No one has an EMCO lathe with a DRO on it?

TMT

Comment

TMT

TMT

Comment

TMT
        Mine does A v13...I fitted a sino type to replace a heidenhain with fubar'd scales..followed the destruction to the retter ...and it works well
        Last edited by MrSleepy; 11-20-2009, 02:49 PM.

Comment

You can use most any brand, just measure the length of travel for each direction and talk to a dealer, they will make the scales to fit.
          The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

I built my own Shumatech DRO for my milling machine. It works o.k. but it's nice to have support. When I get around to putting one on the Emco V10 p it's going to be a shooting star. Easy to cut the scales to fit and they're nice folks...

Comment

Working...
            X