Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG one of our HSM'ers neighbors are complaining...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG one of our HSM'ers neighbors are complaining...

...and made a youtube video!

holy crap! they're onto Evan!

well done, thx Tony

Comment

How can anyone tell what that guy is saying. :-( It's all mumbles .
      ...lew...

Comment

Alistair! Quit creeping out your neighbors!
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Hey Darin Big Al does not creep. how about yourself pal a bit creepy with the onset of old ages my dear old friend?Alistair
          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Old?Who you callin old?

John tells me your so old he'd have to saw you down and count the rings
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Damn,that was a good video.
              It's only ink and paper

Comment

Excellent video, the answer will be revealed shortly the homeowners association and the local hate group watchdog group are on the way.
                Didn't obama say something about reporting neigbhors?
                Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

No, he did not. He said something about advising them about lies about healthcare plans that are so bad nobody should have to lie about them.

Ever read about the homemade fusors?

Comment

Yep, www.fusor.net

Neat, fusion in your garage. Makes neutrons. But more energy in than out of course and they will freely admit that they will never be self sustaining.

Not cheap to build either.

I just finished getting most of the bugs out of my vacuum system. Can do 4x10-7 torr without LN2. I have weird projects too!

Comment

i'm investigating homemade superconductors. Alfa Asear is a b h. Nobody sells Y2O3 to individuals.

Comment

I made superconductors in high school. Had no issue getting the Y2O3. I think I got it from Aesar. Dont tell them you are an individual. Make up a company name.

One of the biggest issues you will run into is you need to have the pressed tablet in a oxygen atmosphere while its in the furnace. A small electric muffle furnace works well and put the tablet in a crucible with a lid. Have a small hole in the lid for a stainless line to pipe in O2 from a cylinder.
                        Last edited by macona; 11-22-2009, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by macona
                          Yep, www.fusor.net

Neat, fusion in your garage. Makes neutrons. But more energy in than out of course and they will freely admit that they will never be self sustaining.

Not cheap to build either.
                          I've been thinking about that too Jerry Turns out several of the successful fusors are in Austin.

I need to read-up on the overall radiation hazard -- I have two young kids...
                          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

From what I have seen the neutron emission is pretty minimal. You can get neutron detectors on ebay and there are these little tubes of liquid that form bubbles when neutrons hit. I think the biggest issue may be x-rays at some of the voltages they are running.

I had a couple stainless hemispheres that would have been perfect for a chamber for one of these things but I cant find one of them.

I need to get my magnetron sputtering head built first.

Comment

Working...
                            X