Finding Elmer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Elmer???

Can anyone tell me where I might find a book by Elmer Verburg entitled "Elmer's Engines". Would like to buy it used (if the price were right), but would settle for new, if I have to. Ran across an add, for it, in an old HSM from Mar/Apr 1989. HSM doesn't seem to recognize (or carry) it any longer.

Only source that I came across for it was Amazon.com, but they say it is "out of print" and don't seem to be able to indicate if I can order one. I put in a request for a used copy, but also don't know if that will be successful.

Any help would be appreciated.
    RPease

I spent the better part of a year looking for a copy and finally got one off ebay. I had to pay a little more than I wanted but it is worth every penny. You might try your local library and see if they have a copy.

Comment

Amazon.com told me they could not get the Village Press books but they might be able wrangle up a photocopy. Then I gave them Village Press's phone number and address...

If you know the Full name and publisher most big book stores can look it up on a global CD-Rom of all (more or less) publishers (forgot the actual name of the damn thing).

It is worth a try if you want the book - that is how I got my copy of "Etidorpha".

Dave

Comment

My "retirement" job is part time librarian. I have access to the catalogs of every public library in Connecticut; there's no copy in anywhere here. If anyone has a copy and would be willing to photocopy it, or loan it to me (with a cash deposit to be sure you get it back) so I can do the photocopying, please let me know. It's supposed to be a great book.
        George

Comment

Here's another URL you can try for locating used books. (I was provided this web address by a local used bookstore.)
          http://www.alibris.com/

good luck.
          Lynn

Comment

Thank "all" for the info. I'll try as many of the suggestions as I can.

Georgeo: If anyone takes you up on the offer, I'd certainly like to obtain a copy. Obviously, I would reimburse you for your troubles. That is....presuming we aren't getting into some "gray area" concerning copyrights or something like that. (Hate jails....and the food sucks.... I hear!!.

Since you work in the library arena, I'm guessing that you know of some way around those problems. Like for "educational purposes" and "non-profit" situations?

Just let me know??

Rodger

------------------
            RPease
            RPease

Comment

Working...
            X