Busy Bee doesn't deliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy Bee doesn't deliver

They wouldn't put it in the back seat of my wife's new Corolla either (mumbled something about taking the door off and tearing the seat).

Fine, went back today in a Matrix. The warehouse guy knew how to run a forklift, snuck it in the back nicely on the 24" x 48" x 3/4" plywood I got for the occasion. Like Henry Ford, I'll be using that piece for the table top. He wouldn't follow me home to unload (mumbled something about top speed and tire wear).

I read what happened to Gary Gill. Thanks for posting that Gary. FWIW, I've been pretty careful about where I am WRT the lathe. It's only 300Lbs but...

I had an elaborate plan involving 2x6's, a multiple part 2x4 ramp, and a helicopter, but when I started sliding the crate on the plywood things seemed to be easier than expected. I removed the chuck and tailstock(30 Lbs anyway), rolled my bike jack up to the back of the car and got the crate out surprisingly easily.

So here she sits until I have time next weekend. Runs fine both directions.

Mike
    Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Weird, Busybee delivered my lathe free of charge to my door, with lift gate service. (Freight subsity, I did have to ask about it however when I saw it pop up in thier computer as they where ringing it up)
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

they wouldnt slide my 10x18 lathe into my parents minivan when i bought it either... i had to try to find someone with a truck to take it home for me.

Comment

Busy Bee doesn't deliver:

Looking at your photo I would think you have the B2227L 10"x18" lathe. using BB's freight subsidy they delivered mine from Toronto to Moose Jaw using a lift gate for under $100.00 and the trucker put it in my garage. Now that's service with a smile.

Once uncrated you will find two 20mm holes either end of the bed. Purchase six feet of 3/4" cold rolled steel and cut it in half. Place a 3 foot length through each hole. With three additional adults you can easily lift the lathe into position approximately 75 lbs each. "CAUTION" to balance off the lift I recommend you replace the tailstock and attachments then move the carriage far right. Do a trial lift first to ensure you have it balanced correctly and everyone becomes aware of the weight. That's is the way I did it. Best part is you can make use of the two 3/4" bars later.

Bill
        Veteran - I served our country because it was the right thing to do.

Comment

i got my b2227l lathe delived to my door in fact the guy even help me put it in my shop as well,, now when i got my mill i picked it up cause i wanted other goodies at princess autoi next door as well while i was there so i stuck my ct129 mill in my back seat of my G5 it fit but we had to takeit out of the box to do it ,i coul dhave had it shiped but like i said wanted other toys to next door

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamG
            Busy Bee doesn't deliver:

Looking at your photo I would think you have the B2227L 10"x18" lathe. using BB's freight subsidy they delivered mine from Toronto to Moose Jaw using a lift gate for under $100.00 and the trucker put it in my garage. Now that's service with a smile.

Once uncrated you will find two 20mm holes either end of the bed. Purchase six feet of 3/4" cold rolled steel and cut it in half. Place a 3 foot length through each hole. With three additional adults you can easily lift the lathe into position approximately 75 lbs each. "CAUTION" to balance off the lift I recommend you replace the tailstock and attachments then move the carriage far right. Do a trial lift first to ensure you have it balanced correctly and everyone becomes aware of the weight. That's is the way I did it. Best part is you can make use of the two 3/4" bars later.

Bill
            Thanks Bill, I've been working on an elaborate way to get it on the table. I seldom have 4 big people in the house at once, way out in the country. I appreciate the tip on the 20mm holes, I may not have discovered those.
            Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

I have the PM1027 version that Matt sells. I didn't have it delivered but picked it up so I could make a couple of stops on the way there and back (USAF Museum at Wright-Patterson etc). When I put mine up on the bench by myself I tore do it all the way to the bed. Even then it took alittle bit of grunting but I got 'er done.

As an aside the PM1027 group is now open to membership without approval. I just haven't always had the time to keep on top of approving memberships. Just hope the spammers don't find us. Again.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pm1027lathe/

PS. Their 13x24 looks kind of interesting
              Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Good news! Busy Bee just opened up a new store here in Saskatoon!

Comment

Working...
                X