Some days it ain't worth getting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some days it ain't worth getting up

The day before Thanksgiving my compressor gave up, it was only 20 years old, so I went to Home Depot and got a new one. Thanksgiving went great with just my wife and I. Sooooooo....today the motor on my band saw went up in smoke. I can hardly wait to see how the rest of the year is going to go.

That was me 2 years ago - "Smoking all the Weak Links out of the shop"

I haven't had any "broken" equipment all year, just some routine maintance stuff. Learned to get pretty quick with the oil can

Comment

A new compresser is ready to go for years, thats the upside. be happy for the air.

Comment

Originally posted by rolland
        The day before Thanksgiving my compressor gave up, it was only 20 years old, so I went to Home Depot and got a new one. Thanksgiving went great with just my wife and I. Sooooooo....today the motor on my band saw went up in smoke. I can hardly wait to see how the rest of the year is going to go.
        I know the feeling. My car smoked the DIS module. That never fails in this model, I'm on my second one. While troubleshooting that issue, I see the head is leaking and read up on a cracking problem. Barsleak seems to have solved that issue and my second 150 dollar DIS module has me driving my way to 200,000 miles. I'll be there shortly.

BTW, I hit Home Depot early this morning on Black Friday. I needed a corner tool and some joint compound. The customer associates or whatever they are called out numbered the shoppers.

This is in Michigan so other stores may have different results.

Clutch

Comment

Fortunately, I may have "just what the doctor ordered".

When I worked out on the "Left Coast" on Jaguars and miscellaneous other English automobiles, I acquired a gallon of genuine Lucas Electric Smoke.

Everybody that has ever worked on British cars and motorbikes knows that if the smoke escapes from a part or accessory, it stops working.

Now, has anybody got the tool to re-install the missing smoke?

No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Originally posted by rolland
            Three days before Thanksgiving my air compressor went, about the same age. It is about $1500 to replace it with similar, so apart it came, hopefully Monday I'll see if parts are still available for it.

Been an unusual year for things breaking here as well.
            Big stuff, costly and/or difficult to repair or both.
            Cadillac - head Gaskets (Still not fixed)
            Dodge van, replaced all the steel brake lines, what a bitch of a job that was, thank you Ohio
            Dodge Van, replaced steering Rack and Power Steering pump, another mean nasty job.
            Dodge Van, replaced Tie rod ends)
            Then and only then...................
            Dodge Van - Transmission wont shift out of 2nd gear, not fixed and not sure it's going to be yet.
            Toyota RAV4 Transfer case.
            VW - New Beetle - Seat Belt light
            VW - New Beetle - Emissions Light on
            VW - New Beetle - Temp warning light (even when cold)
            WARNING - DO NOT EVER BUY A VW, maybe a lease with a full and extended warranty.
            House Load Panel main breaker smoked itself suddenly.
            Entirely replace that unit.
            Right now I have a wheel barrow with a flat tire, lawn mower with a flat tire, two small trailers with a flat tire.

I'm not done at all, but you get the idea.

Can't imagine the cost to those that are unable to do their own repair, which I find most machinist type are able to do if they have the place to do them.

Comment

Ken-
              There's gotta be a dead battery around your place as well, somewhere!?!

--Doozer
              DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer
                Ken-
                There's gotta be a dead battery around your place as well, somewhere!?!

--Doozer
                \

Yes there is, the Dodge Van battery is barely hanging on

Comment

Working...
                X