Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any have a wiring diagram for a reverseable power switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any have a wiring diagram for a reverseable power switch?

I was setting up a old atlas 12x36 lathe I bought, it was disassembled for transport and the guy had the wires marked..... but .... I replaced the old wire with new ones up to the motor (wires coming out of motor case) and used his color coded marked wires for reference the motor runs fine one direction but the reverse does not work at all. This machine has a power feed so it runs fine one direction but would really like to have the motor be able to run reverse to to run power feed both directions

does anyone have a wiring diagram for these old switches ???

These may help:

Roger
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

"This machine has a power feed so it runs fine one direction but would really like to have the motor be able to run reverse to to run power feed both directions"

--Huh??--

--Doozer
      Last edited by Doozer; 12-06-2009, 03:40 PM.
      DZER

Comment

Originally posted by goldhunter_2
        This machine has a power feed so it runs fine one direction but would really like to have the motor be able to run reverse to to run power feed both directions
        The reverse feed should be done by the tumbler gears or a reversing lever where the quick change box would be. This will reverse the rotation of the leadscrew while the spindle continues to revolve in the same direction.

There may be some occasions when you do want the spindle to turn the other way, but you won't get reverse feed that way. Reversing the motor without changing anything else means that leadscrew will indeed turn the opposite direction and the tool will move the other way AND your toolbit will just rub on the workpiece as it goes by the wrong direction.
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

thanks everyone for the reply's

winchman that first diagram was perfect I'll go out and double check my wiring in just a bit

Thanks,
          Robert

Comment

Working...
          X