todays project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todays project

only a golfer uses this tool , made this for my landlord,he is a golf nut last year was custom golf tee's this year a divit tool , i made it form some pretty hard bass flat plate i had laying around, was interesting and took me a few hours was loads of fun, on the other side of it.. i got my wife to carve in his initials, i know it looks like a big tooth but its cool and defently one of a kind, and iam sure he will love it ,he like classy looking stuff so all's good i guess,

Did you take any pics of the golf tees? Im going to make some for a friend, I thought about 6061 aluminum....
    Feel free to put me on ignore....

Comment

airsmith282,

Wow, that is really nice!!!

Comment

That is cool airsmith282, but...........

What's a divit tool?

What's the size?

Comment

Cool!

I'm no golfer, but I presume it's a tool to aid in replacing divots. How big is it?
          Last edited by Frank Ford; 12-12-2009, 07:24 PM.
          Cheers,

Frank Ford
          HomeShopTech

Comment

according to my landlord its for fixing the divets in the balls ,, its about 2.5 inch long

and i cant find my pics of the golf tees i made him next time i see him ill take a new pic
            Last edited by airsmith282; 12-12-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Using a divot tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijIoATUcFGw

Comment

haha, I thought it was a tool to fix the divots on the ball it'self and could not for the life of me understand what or why

Comment

ok watched several videos guess i misunder stood him, when he told me the purpose for the tool its for repairig the green as they say on the videos, eithere way iam not a golfer dont under stand the terms just made the tool

Comment

I've made lots of things I had no clue what they were for, but they did and that's what matters, he'll love it !

Comment

That is nice, if You make Him one out of stainless it could be a multi-tool... a divot tool and then after the game ,in the bar an olive fork for a martini

Nice job!

Steve

Comment

I wonder how happy that makes the groundskeepers...... I don't golf, but I do garden, and that isn't really so good for the grass.......

But the tools are nice.

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

Comment

iam also making now a wood stand for it form laminated walnut and purple heart wood and also for show purposed i just git 2 brass golf tees made that will sit on either side of the divit tool in the stand,,

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers
                            I wonder how happy that makes the groundskeepers...... I don't golf, but I do garden, and that isn't really so good for the grass.......

But the tools are nice.
                            Its not a divot tool....( you just replace a divot and stamp on it..)

Its a pitch mark repairer..

It make the greenstaff happy as a freshly repaired pitchmark will recover in 24hrs...where as one that is left will take a month or not at all due to the compression..

Compression is what kills the grass on frequently walked paths...

And for gods sake dont make tee's out of anything other than wood or plastic...a metal tee would kill a $400 driver (or anyone inline of flight ) in no time..

Rob
                            Last edited by MrSleepy; 12-13-2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSleepy
                              Its not a divot tool....( you just replace a divot and stamp on it..)

Its a pitch mark repairer..

It make the greenstaff happy as a freshly repaired pitchmark will recover in 24hrs...where as one that is left will take a month or not at all due to the compression..

Compression is what kills the grass on frequently walked paths...

And for gods sake dont make tee's out of anything other than wood or plastic...a metal tee would kill a $400 driver (or anyone inline of flight ) in no time..

Rob

mr sleepy please go take a nap and wakeup in a beter mood really you got no idea what your talking about , i even looks these things up on the net its a divit repair tool as for the golf tees i make out of metal for him, he does not use them he keeps them in the cases i make , i dont make wood golf tees its a wast of my time and he can by them cheaper then i can make them ,

also it takes more then 24 hours for a repaird divit to repar its more like a week if the tool is not used correctly it can take 6 weeks or in some cases never ..

ok i did my home work

Comment

Working...
                              X