No announcement yet.

I gonna retire - finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I see the real spirit of Christmas right there in your story - the spirit of which is really good for the other 364 days too. Merry Christmas and a well deserved retirement.
    Chris
    Merkel, Tx
    http://raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod

Comment

Axel, That was an uplifting &most happy outcome for you After many years of harmonious employment, Managing to be employed with a company which is run by good people, & also has folks in it who were similarly minded in their loyalty across the board Is nowadays refreshing to hear in this world of backbiting, closures, rip offs & a culture of downsizing for the sake of downsizing motivated by greed You have indeed been blessed and will always have happy memories of these special souls, who were your extended family, I get the feeling, that atleast once a year you will go back to a get together After the horrors of that ghastly war, I feel you deserved your good fortune, you gave a considerable sacrifice for your country.
      Now Axel, is a time for another and golden chapter, when you will have more time to pursue your interests &your workshop activities
      I retired at 58 years of age 12 years ago, My management were very poor &uncaring, & this dispirited the workforce, So i never returned to my workplace ever again, Until earlier on this year when a new trio of managers were engaged --really nice people, and now i go back on odd occasions to help in any technical matters This plus playing in my workshop, doing a little work in the church &community makes my life whizz past
      You look after yourself, Being a "recycled teenager" has got a lot of good points-- Wife keeps you busy!

Comment

That's a great story! I retired 11 yrs ago and the next day came down with a contagious disease.It's called 'The Retirement Grin'.Can't seem to get rid of it,but an occasional nap helps. I've noticed my fingernails and nose hairs grow longer and the memories grow fonder since retireing.Hope you enjoy yours as much as the wife and I do! George

Comment

Congratulations on your retirement!!!! I often wonder when I get to the day if it will be a good day or a bad day. I do however wish for it everyday as my job and BS associated with it are almost to much to handle. Anyway enjoy it I am sure just like the rest of life it passes to quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X