Excel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel question

I know several of you can make Excel sing & dance so if I might ask a rudimentary question.
    How can I make Excel automatically utilize the product of a simple formula from one work sheet to do another formula on a different work sheet?

TIA!
    Len

=Sheet2!A1

is how to reference other sheets. You can also do this by clicking the cell in the other sheet while entering a formula.

-Pete
    I just like to make stuff.

Comment

Click on the cell that you want the result to appear in. Then click on the entry bar across the top of the spreadsheet (the one with the = sign to the left). Type in an equals sign. * Then go to the cell containing the result. Click on it then press return. The result will then appear in the cell where you wanted the result to appear. Every time the result changes this cell will up-date, as long as you have auto-calculate enabled (which is normally the default I think)

Phil

Edit: If you want the result to be used directly within another formula just place the cursor in the correct place in formula in the entry bar then do as above from *.

Originally posted by QSIMDO
      I know several of you can make Excel sing & dance so if I might ask a rudimentary question.
      How can I make Excel automatically utilize the product of a simple formula from one work sheet to do another formula on a different work sheet?

TIA!
      Last edited by philbur; 12-15-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Once you understand the above you will realise that you never need to type in cell references. With the cursor activated in the entry bar, and as long as you have entered an = sign at the start of the entry bar, any cells you click on will automatically put the reference in the entry bar., even from a spreadsheet that is not even open. It makes building simple (or complex models) very quick and simple to do, and without the risk of typos.

Phil

Comment

Working...
        X