Boring Bar Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring Bar Purchase

I am planning a boring bar purchase for my engine building projects. I found a nice machine . It is called a Strong Made in Japanan and it is smooth and really nicely made. Its a knock off from the Van Norman 944 model. Has anyone ever had one of these bars and or used one ? Thanx Mike

Boring bar or boring head? Bar is the tool, head is what you insert it into.
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Not that brand but if it's a VN copy it should be good.........
      Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
        Boring bar or boring head? Bar is the tool, head is what you insert it into.
        A cylinder boring bar is a different creature. And yes, the whole setup is still called a boring bar even though it consists of several components besides the technical shank itself and the cutter.
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

I haven't seen the Strong brand. It didn't come up in a google, what is the model number and manufacturer name or how can I find a site showing them?
          It's only ink and paper

Comment

Boring Bar Home

Well drove the GM to Toronto (Glad it made it) then also had a Trailer behind it. Got the Boring Bar loaded into the front seat of car (I didnt want my Wife to see that.. its her seat LOL) and got the stand loaded on a skid and into the trailer. Got it home Ok and now am trying to figure out how to get it into the backyard shop. Toboggan would work but Some drunken Oaf smashed it into a Tree years ago at about 4 in the morning . Luck no one died. Anyhow i still havent found any info on it but it looks nice,. I always wanted one and now I have it. merry Xmas to me LOl

Comment

Well, post pictures, how much did you pay, what size bore and stroke will it do, did you get the manuals with it? I couldn't find them on the web but then I don't have the manufacturers name.

Since it has a stand and you put the boring bar in the front seat it must be a smaller boring bar.
              It's only ink and paper

Comment

Carl

It was Heavy. i just finished moving it from the driveway to the back yard. Having a rest now Oh i never figured out how to post pictures yet.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the drunk smashing your Tree.......did you get a VN or WI to replace it...........grin

MM put learning pic posting on your New Years resolutions........really not that tough although I was looking at PB last night and some changes were giving me grief...........
                  Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Working...
                  X