what kinda tool is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kinda tool is this

I got this tool and got no idea what it is or what its for it has a 1/2 inch socket adapter on it and goes in forward and reverse, and its electric as well.. it does work but not sure what its for the speed is not very fast on it either and no way to make it go faster,, and has some sort of mounitng bracket on it to

Do not know... kinds looks like a mixer and a electric craving knife mated and had an offspring.
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

If it was in my shop, it would be looking a lot like a milling machine knee power feed.

Comment

Impact wrench? Looks like it has a place to mount a torque arm there at the business end.

Who's the manufacturer?

Comment

i got now idea who makes it there is no infor on the tool at all , i thought it might be impact wrench but it dont act like one so its gotme really confused

Comment

Looks like an electric knife having it's way with an impac-wrench
            please visit my webpage:
            http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Could it have been used to power a torque multiplier? That could explain the low speed and the mounting for a bar stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie machinist
                Could it have been used to power a torque multiplier? That could explain the low speed and the mounting for a bar stop.

what the heck is a power a torque multiplier

Comment

Just Google "torque multiplier", and you'll find plenty of info and pictures. They come in a variety of sizes and configurations to do just what their name implies.

They're used to tighten any kind of fastener that requires more torque than the average person can apply safely, or to eliminate the need for long cheater bars. Some are powered by air or electric motors to make them more compact and easier to use.

Roger
                  Last edited by winchman; 12-19-2009, 02:55 AM.
                  Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

ok i did some more research and alot of youtube videos and it seems it is in fact a torque multiplier, well i guess iam going to put in a new power cord on it and sell it, ill never have a use in this life for such a beast and it does work good so off it goes..

any idea what i should ask for the old girl ???

Comment

Could it be to drive rollers for installing boiler tubes?

Comment

Originally posted by airsmith282
                        any idea what i should ask for the old girl ???
                        Two times what You paid for it plus the price of the new cord and labor to install, and of course My commission for the consult .

Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X