Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to plug 3/4-10 anchors in concrete floor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to plug 3/4-10 anchors in concrete floor??

We just installed four 3/4-10 drop-in anchors in my friends shop floor to secure the base of his bender/twister. They're out in the middle of the shop so he'll have room to swing the handle all the way around. The top of the anchor is just shy of being flush with the floor.

He wants to plug the anchors when he's not using the bender. In addition to foot traffic, he'll have his welder cart and four-wheeler running over the plugs. The plugs need to be flush with the floor and easily removable.

What's the best way to do this?

Roger
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Set Screws.
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I like the self tapping concrete bolts. I installed about 48 of the 1/2" variety installing the plasma cutter. Just drill a hole with the rotary hammer and screw them in. They are reusable too. Just leaves a hole when you pull it out.

Comment

I'm guessing that you have about a 1inch diameter indent above each anchor. If you were to machine a washer to more or less fill the indent, then tap it and tack weld a short threaded rod section to it, you'd have a plug that would screw in and fill the cavity flush with the floor. Two holes drilled in the washer would allow you to use a simple homemade pin wrench to install and remove them.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

To save on another tool around the shop, how about making them to match the angle grinder pinwrench
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I just realized they are female anchors. Ahhhh...

I second the big setscrew, although ones for flat bladed screw drivers. Seems you can get crap out of those easier than a hex sometimes.

Comment

Working...
            X