I screwed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I screwed up

These dang industrial auctioneers are making it easier and easier for people to bid on their stuff. My local auctioneer has switched to online auctions, credit card payments, the whole shebang. You show up for the preview, then a week later, the auctions is over and you show up to pick up your crap.

Well, unfortunately, I didn't make it to the preview...but some of the stuff still looked interesting. So, I placed a couple of bids. Got some nice height gauges and a misc plate that I think used to be part of a surface profilometer.

It looked small and lightweight in the pictures, boy was I dumb.

So that's a granite plate, and the column is solid steel. They had it loaded onto a nice little wheeled cart for me when I got there, I should have known better at that point.

Damn thing has to weigh 200 lbs, wouldn't be a big deal, cept I didn't bring a buddy, or lifting equipment.

My arm hurts like hell. The good thing is that when I croak, my wife can recycle the piece of granite I've got in the back of my car right now.
    Last edited by snowman; 12-22-2009, 07:27 PM.

... The good thing is that when I croak, my wife can recycle the piece of granite I've got in the back of my car right now...

Comment

I have a 2' X 3' X 6" hunk of pink quartz in the garage that I unloaded from my van by myself last month.....it took some work, but I managed to get it done. Weight is around the 480lb mark.....

The other 3/4's doesn't know I have it yet, and will surely use it for my headstone given the chance.....

Comment

Working...
      X