OT-Mother Nature's rude awakening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Mother Nature's rude awakening

I received a rude awakening by Mother Nature this morning.
    50 MPH wind gusts here in San Antonio blew down a 50 foot tree on the side of my house.
    UUGGGHHHH......
    Luckily it missed my house by a mere 2 feet. WHEW !!
    Some of the smaller branches scraped-up my shingles, but I'll gladly take that over any structural damage.
    I spent my Christmas Eve being Chainsaw Willy.
    After 5 hours of lumberjacking, I have about a 2 year supply of firewood, a 2 foot deep hole in my yard, and a huge stump staring at me.
    Now I have to figure out what to do with the stump.

Like you mentioned, it could of been worse, as for the stump, put a flower pot on it...

Comment

A stump? Get some friends and some beer, build a fire in the 2 foot deep hole, roll the stump in and have a party.

rock~
      Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Damn, rock beat me to it. It will make a nice campfire.

Comment

I just heard a thing on the radio about all the different uses for stumps... if it is large enough, you can carve it into a seat/bench with a chainsaw or turn the stump into a flower pot or ... ???

Might also make a good place to stick an anvil If it's just a low-to-the-ground stump, they make some chemicals to soften it up and rot it or you can burn it out.

Comment

Had a Sugar Pine stump in my front yard 6' in dia. Carved a seat in it and a bowl to plant in with my chain saw

But it was so tall I had to have Pros take it down. The guy topped it at 160' and did a little victory dance on top of the fresh cut

Comment

Go buy a lotto ticket!
              Thank God no one got hurt.
              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Invite Evan to come over to your place.

He has a stump grinder.

Comment

John, did you get any of that snow that FW got?

Patrick

Comment

Speaking of the Snow in Ft. Worth Today....

I'm in it for the parking....

Comment

YOUR weather hit us last night.. geeze.. the dog door, a plastic flap with magnet was sailing about 30 degrees open.. I had to put the seal in it.

A plastic gas can blew off the one ton and across the porch, it was about 1/3rd full of gas.. Not sure what all blowed about in the back yard but I heard the shop doors banging lock to lock.

Not a fit night out for man or beast.. Hope Rudolph got Santa through allright..

I am happy I built a sturdy plywood shack to squat in out of the weather.. I do need a better dog door now thou..
                      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Originally posted by HSS
                        John, did you get any of that snow that FW got?

Patrick
                        I assume you're asking me, and not Sir John Stevenson

We only got a light dusting of snow, an eighth of an inch at most. It seems we never get the bad weather that folks further West get.

Comment

Originally posted by kcleere
                          Speaking of the Snow in Ft. Worth Today....
                          Crazy -- we didn't get any in Austin, and it was 72° yesterday
                          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

In the 40's in WPA and rained all day. Snowed a few days ago, about 4 inches, so STILL a white Christmas.

My sympathy to those in other regions who got blizzard like weather for Christmas.

Cheers,

George

Comment

Originally posted by john hobdeclipe
                              I assume you're asking me, and not Sir John Stevenson

We only got a light dusting of snow, an eighth of an inch at most. It seems we never get the bad weather that folks further West get.
                              The UK is going thru some bad weather down south [ serves the toffee nosed bastards right ] 5 trains broke down in the Channel tunnel the other day, the London / Dover service was cancelled because snow shorted out the electric 3rd rail and they had to use Tornado, that brand new mainline steam loco for 50 years to pull the train, what a hoot.

We are in a valley formed by 3 rivers and quite well protected, if we get 2" of snow the rest of the country comes to a standstill

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
                              X