Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Stopping "Softroaders"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: Stopping "Softroaders"

    This cracks me up

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Hr5...layer_embedded
    I just need one more tool,just one!

  • #2
    So Toyota makes tough trucks for tough guys. They fail to mention Toyota slid plates are flimsy plastic, the leaf springs are for cars, and their bumpers are beer can thin.


    Gary
    Gary


    Appearance is Everything...

    Comment


    • #3
      Not to mention the bumpers, taillights and all other plastic body features likey cost several hundred dollars to replace, and are near impossable to 'fix', and do not match ANY other model truck/car on the face of the planet (Even though they have been designing these things for 100 years now... you'd think they would of invented every taillight and bumper shape that could exist by now and just keep reusing those so they would need to make less parts..)
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

      Comment


      • #4
        If the "Softroaders" had been stopped from buying trucks,we wouldn't have all these glorified station wagons riding around

        I still like the line-"looks like we got Tofu here"
        I just need one more tool,just one!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wierdscience
          If the "Softroaders" had been stopped from buying trucks,we wouldn't have all these glorified station wagons riding around D
          if the softroaders had been stopped, pick up trucks would be like my late '70's chev. Simple, no BS, easy to fix and a big bench seat that would let you to slide the girl by your side if you took the corner fast enough lol ...instead of the plastic car like things they've become
          in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mcgyver
            if the softroaders had been stopped, pick up trucks would be like my late '70's chev. Simple, no BS, easy to fix
            Here, here! I've been flogging my '73 3/4 ton Chevy around for seventeen years after buying it from a landscaping business. The guy who sold it to me said it was the best truck he'd ever owned. It is the best truck I've ever owned as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Most manufacturers don't make real trucks any more.....Not even Dodge.

              Those CDJ pussies hung coil springs under the back end of the new ones....GM proved that didn't work (on trucks) in the early 1970's.

              Now the "New Dodge" don't "ride like a log wagon" any more.
              No good deed goes unpunished.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by saltmine
                Most manufacturers don't make real trucks any more.....Not even Dodge.

                Those CDJ pussies hung coil springs under the back end of the new ones....GM proved that didn't work (on trucks) in the early 1970's.

                Now the "New Dodge" don't "ride like a log wagon" any more.
                Coil springs and CV joints have no place on a real truck.

                andy b.
                The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

                Comment


                • #9
                  You seem to forget about the Toyota FJ-40, FJ-55. Real four wheel drives, made with mechanical and body components that were common and almost unchanged, between the mid fifties and 1978. Strength and reliability that was never matched by the Jeep CJ. The current incarnation of the FJ was designed to have the look, but not the backbone of the old FJ series. It's simply not what sells today.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X