Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looky what Santa dropped off at the Scrap Yard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looky what Santa dropped off at the Scrap Yard!

When to the scrap yard the day before Christmas and found this had just been dropped off.

Put in my sled and dragged it away for 18 cents a pound.
    I am sure it must have some issues, like head rattle but the table doesn't have a mark on it and lots of scraping is visable on the ways.
    Possibly rescraped sometime??

Beats a lump of coal!

You must have been very good this year to score a find like that.
    Merry Christmas

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

cant believe they didnt screw it up loading it or unloading it. Great find

Comment

What a find, go buy a lotto ticket your luck may be on a run.

$160 for that mill is a steal and you can spend a lot of money and time to get it serviceable and still have a low priced mill but it may not need much at all.
        Last edited by Carld; 12-28-2009, 12:17 PM.
        It's only ink and paper

Comment

That is a nice find.

The peckerheaded yard owners around here will not sell anything no matter what. I've left a few times shaken my head.
          Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Carld
            $160 for that mill is a steal and you can spend a lot of money and time to get it serviceable and still have a low priced mill but it may not need much at all.
            It was 1,920lbs on their scale at $0.18, so about $350.

I thought the vari head mills weighted about 2200 lbs, but I am not one to
            complain.

Comment

I'd take it back. The knee crank is missing.

Comment

Best place for it...................................

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by gnm109
                  I'd take it back. The knee crank is missing.
                  Well you know what they say, if it sounds to good to be true.............

Amazing what people scrap, even more so when it's clean up at factories, but rarely is anyone permitted to that so called scrap.

Comment

Nice score.One companys junk another mans treasure Something is defintely wrong it survived a trip to the scrapyard and the handles arn't all broken off.

Comment

Proves something,
                      The new American Santa, seems to be a lot more generous than the one over here, Nowadays he doesnt bring such nice things on his sleigh

Comment

At least now I know what my Bridgeports are worth, before freight..

Comment

Stop hoggin' all the luck!

That is freekin' unreal.

st

Comment

Some Guys Have All the Luck!

My local scrap yard owner will not sell to individuals! He claims that two guys in a pick-up truck stole $25,000 in scrap and now he will not let anyone in the yard. He claims any looking for items in his yard is just looking for things to steal. I asked the owner, why he was keeping gold or silver in his yard because even at $5 a pound, $25,000 of brass weighs 5000 pounds and is about 5 or 6 full pickup truck loads. He just glared at me and walked away.
                            Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                              Best place for it...................................

ROFL, but cmon now, they are stiff enough for 1/8 endmills...
                              Precision takes time.

Comment

Working...
                              X