How Handicapped Are You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Handicapped Are You?

This machinist thinks most of us suffer from the handicap of sight. He doesn't have this problem since he is blind. Read the story Here.

Makes you wonder just what our problems are.
    Rolla

Newbie or not a Newbie, there's always a question.
    damifino

Vinther sees his life as a challenge.
    He sees more than many.

Comment

My dad worked with a blind man in a foundry. The guy was always pointing out the mistakes in parts' design.

Comment

That's interesting.
        It's only ink and paper

Comment

The man is awesome, What a spirit, He has overcome in his way the most ghastly of disabilities We salute him When he had sight, he must have been a power to be really reckoned with For as he is, He is a master craftsman with abilities par - excellence.

Comment

I used to work in a door lock factory and one of the rotary machine operators was totally blind. No safety hazzard, He just picked up door knob shells and placed them on a rotary table. They looked like brass cups before being formed to final shape. Anyway, one day some PC idiot mentioned to him how impressive it was to see somebody who is "visually impaired" to be working in a factory. The blind guy said "Hey a$$hole, I'm not visually impaired, I'm f%^&*@g blind."

Comment

ROFLMAO, good for him JT.
              It's only ink and paper

Comment

I once sold a table saw to a guy that was blind and made furniture.
                This was in Minnesota, he came over and took about a half hour to check it out.
                Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

That's a wonderful story.

One of the first people I hired, for a customer support role, is a little bit of a similar story. I interviewed him on the phone, then invited him to come to the office for a face-to-face. He mentioned that he had cerebral palsy so he walked with crutches, but his voice was 100% normal which was all that mattered as it was a phone job.

Anyway, he comes in, we go through some exercises together, and I feel like he's got decent potential. I ask him if he has any questions, and he says, "How reliable is the elevator?"

I realized then that the guy had gotten there, the elevator was out, and dragged himself up four flights of stairs. This was a 125-year-old mill building, so it was a hike even if your legs worked normally. I went back to my desk and printed out an offer letter for him. Had he called me and suggested we go to the Dunkin Donuts across the street I'd have thought nothing of it. He'll be starting his 4th year soon and I still have to chase him out of the office at night for his own good.

Comment

Working...
                  X