strange typing delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange typing delay

I have a helluva time posting to this forum. It seems as if I have to type about 1 character per second to get it to type properly. If I type at a normal pace of 50 to 60 words per minute it will not accept much of what I type. It will miss letters and spaces. It is very frustrating. Does anyone have this problem? I am on several forums and this one is the only one that does this.

Cheers
    Mac

N t h a d th t pr o b le m

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Every time, or only sometimes?

Comment

Yes like that..

I don't know what causes that. It is most times.. Occasionally I will go to respond and it will start out accepting letters and spaces properly... Other times it will act retarded right from the start. That being said there is something wrong everytime I go to type.

As a sample I will type something below with out any correction so you can see what it is like:

Ok hee it goes this is a saple of what happenswhen I type. I misses all the aces ad doesn'tproprly insert the leter sad sh a itsould.

See what I mean? This forum is the only one that does this.

Cheers
        Mac.

Comment

do melborp

enim sepyt sdrawkcab ta semitm????

Comment

Yep, it does that to me sometimes.
            It's only ink and paper

Comment

Originally posted by motorcyclemac
              Yes like that..

I don't know what causes that. It is most times.. Occasionally I will go to respond and it will start out accepting letters and spaces properly... Other times it will act retarded right from the start. That being said there is something wrong everytime I go to type.

As a sample I will type something below with out any correction so you can see what it is like:

Ok hee it goes this is a saple of what happenswhen I type. I misses all the aces ad doesn'tproprly insert the leter sad sh a itsould.

See what I mean? This forum is the only one that does this.

Cheers
              Mac.

Hmm, try clearing the temp files. Do you have OE8? There is a setting on that called "Compatability View". Turning that on cleared up some of my typing problems. The screen used to jump when I first changed to OE8.
              Last edited by gnm109; 12-31-2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I run a clean up and defrag about once a week.
                It's only ink and paper

Comment

Don't know if this applies, but, when I first got my laptop I had trouble with typing anytime I tried. It didn't matter whether I was using a word processing program or this forum. One day I finally figured out the trouble....the touch pad ! I was inadvertently hitting it with my thumbs while typing, thus omitting characters, making extra spaces, moving the typing cursor to an odd place on the screen, etc. Since my touch pad can't be inactivated I just got a wireless USB mouse and made a cover for the touch pad from an old mouse pad. I still have typing errors but they are fewer and related to my skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by firbikrhd1
                    Don't know if this applies, but, when I first got my laptop I had trouble with typing anytime I tried. It didn't matter whether I was using a word processing program or this forum. One day I finally figured out the trouble....the touch pad ! I was inadvertently hitting it with my thumbs while typing, thus omitting characters, making extra spaces, moving the typing cursor to an odd place on the screen, etc. Since my touch pad can't be inactivated I just got a wireless USB mouse and made a cover for the touch pad from an old mouse pad. I still have typing errors but they are fewer and related to my skill level.
                    Ever tried using a laptop with damp fingers, or a damp sticking plaster (band-aid?) on one finger? It can produce some strange results!

Tim

Comment

I keep having the same problem....But...I found out what the problem is, at least on my computer. Trying to be "state-of-the-art" I purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse. Type too fast, and it starts missing letters and characters. So, I slow down (not quite as much as you guys have to) and no errors.

I never thought I'd see the day when I typed fast enough to outrun the software....but it happened.
                      No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

I wonder if perhaps it has to do with an in-line spelling checker going rogue. Try disabling it if you have one running.

Comment

If I had to guess I'd say you were running Windows 7 and you were dinking around in the menus. Yes/No?
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I was going to guess wireless keyboard and mouse. I have this problem when the receiver gets covered, sometimes it just delays for a few seconds, or the batteries start to go towards the low voltage side (1.3). Usually the low voltage side.
                            CCBW, MAH

Comment

We did have similar problems with a few computers at work that never got turned off. The computer guy said the "cache" file I believe it was gets filled up and something has to drain out before more info can be brought in. The fix was to reboot the machine every day or so.
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
                              X