Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with experience on a Grizzly G0615?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with experience on a Grizzly G0615?

Hi all,

Happy 2010!!

I just received my 2010 Grizzly catalog yesterday. I was looking through it and spotted the G0615 Mill. This is a 10X50 knee mill with both vertical and horizontal spindles. The mill weighs about 3300lb. It has power feeds on X,Y, the knee and the quill. It seems to me that it has about everything one could want on a manual mill. I think that the horizontal milling capability could be very handy on occasion tho I've never used one.

I have a mill/drill that has worked well for me but I would someday like to upgrade to a knee mill.

Has anyone had any experience with one of these or one like it? Anyone have any thoughts or opinions pro or con(from experience or not).

All the best to you in 2010

Tim
    Last edited by tmc_31; 01-03-2010, 04:27 PM.

the 3617 is like it and I have one. As the vertical head does not tilt in and out trying to get both the vertical and horizontal trammed in in problamatic

Comment

Originally posted by Bill McLeod
      the 3617 is like it and I have one. As the vertical head does not tilt in and out trying to get both the vertical and horizontal trammed in in problamatic
      Bill,

Is that like the nod feature on a Bridgeport series 1? If so, how far out is it. Since the head is fixed in that direction I am not sure how you would tram it in that direction. Have you used the horizontal feature yet? If so how did that work for you?

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

where the dovetails on the column end at the top is plate I shimmed that, the horizontal i left alone. Horizontal works for surface grinding not great but works, otherwise 99% so far vertical for me. all things considered a fairly good machine for at home

Comment

The horizontal spindle i as handy a the vertical. I'f I had my druther I'd have both bu not with r8 spindles. Never again. They're far too limber. MT 40 at a minimum because they have a positive key drive.

In a perfect world I'd have a Cincinnatti or B&S universal #2 or 3 toolroom mill or a Deckel with all the tooling and attachments. BUt I get along with my weenie BP clone.

Comment

Working...
          X