Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rented a LARGE building, going PRO, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rented a LARGE building, going PRO, any suggestions?

WE rented a building, 40x80.. Room to paint the streetrods, room for the tattoo shop, room for my metal banging equipment.

I got 3 streetrods of my own to complete, two motorcycles, plus all the jap crap in the yard.

Any suggestions other than bikini clad saleswomen? (*we might)

I ain't moving the bridgeport again, nor my leblond lathe. The english wheel maybe....

Yeah, find a support group:

"Hello, my screen name is Gypsy and I'm a machine tool addict."

Seriously, good luck.

Comment

Tattoo shop around sanding dust/paint and loud banging?

John

Comment

Yep..
        Seperate rooms, seperate air conditioner, heat..

Been at it years (1986), I remember tattooing at Swap meets and watching flys do the back stroke in the wash bowl. I had to tattoo in a bus that constantly moved when people walked, tattooed in tents, tattooed hundreds of places where the power went on and off all during the meet.

Now, everything is autoclaved, bagged, sealed, chair is wiped with a bleach solution. Times change. Reasons for that too.

I sometimes work on motorcycles with gloves on too. I used to never mind the grease under my fingernails.

One draws the other, like butter honey and biscuits draws me to the table?

NICE work on your profile site by the way..
        I just bought the Mario Barth's ink set for a very large pair of Ed Hardy Dragons.. This guy has over 28 inch biceps... I was using Dynamic inks and happy with them. He paid for the new ones so I am going to try them out. $430 for the original set.

I used to be really cocky, I thought I was the BEST.. Now, I understand and see things from a different perspective.. Not had time for a show-convention in years.

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 10-13-2003).]

Comment

Just remember. No matter how much room you have now, in two years your going to wish you had twice as much space. Somehow it all gets filled up.

Comment

ibew,

that'perspective' will jump up at the strangest times and bite you on the ass. it can hurt too.

as far as 'advice' goes, mine would be 'don't', but it seems like everything i touch lately turns to instand crap or scrap.

i am too old for this ****.

good luck.
            bill
            ........i dremel. therefore i am..........................

Comment

forgot to say:

wish i had the building to store some of my scrap [or scrap to be] in.

seriously, i wish you all the good fortune in the world. sort of having 'one of those' days here. sometimes feels like one of those lives.

happy monday.
              bill

Comment

billr, I've been having one of those months. So happy to join you in misery.

Have a lousy day now, okay?

boo.

Comment

Doc Rob,

it ain't getting no better as the day wears on either.

used to be i could fix 'anything'. i sort of knew innately how to go about it. ain't that way any more.

i will but the wild turkey. man, we could sit around and watch the wind blow and have words about [and over] this.

hope it gets better for you. gave up hope on me a while back.
                  bill

Comment

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Ibew

Good luck, You have such a wide variety of things you do that I can't see you being anything but successful. Will be passing through Georgia someday and will look you up. Need a new tattoo.

------------------
                      Paul G.
                      Paul G.

Comment

Ibew from the heart I wish you all the best.You deserve it.If I had your skill I would do the same.If I was your age of course good luck pal. Alistair
                        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Name on the Electrical power app...

"Broken Spoke Tattoo"

"What a mess.. the last guy who had the building had a tire business. He charged for disposal, but never did.. Over seven hundred tires there...

Laborers broke all the lawnmowers, the weed eaters, the tools today in about three hours..
                          Ain't life grand?

Wild turkey time. Makes the evening a lil better..

Going to have to tattoo out of the bus for a few weeks I see it coming.. Building won't be clean enough for my shop for weeks..

About Friday.. I can start on the custom frames again..

Comment

Gypsie,things will get better! Good luck on the new building. The wife keeps reminding me about the two kids,one saw a manure pile,the other said there's got to be a pony under there. Got the diodes last week !! Almost have DC. Thanks!

Comment

Ibew just don't go nuts and start doing repair work cause if you do you will need some hard and fast rules about who,what,when and where people leave stuff,I got customers who think I get off on storing their now completed jobs,heh I get paid in advance now and hual to scrap if it ain't picked up on time,some people think I'm an a-hole because of that,but then like its said,takes one to know one.

Anyhow good luck on the new business!
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X