Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rented a LARGE building, going PRO, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    New deal.. got people hanging around wanting to learn about old cars, wanting tattoo work.. THE barter system is alive and well in Northern georgia...

Trading tattoo work for labor.. giving sheets of sand paper and rubbing block...

Works out great for me.. My hands stay clean.. My back don't hurt near as much..

WHoo hoo..

David...

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 10-18-2003).]

Leave a comment:

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    Thrud,

I still got the million dollar tongue. I start talking friendly like, they stall out and talk a while. (first rule in sales, keep them talking till you got them hooked)

Being a nice guy who is helpful keeps them interested. I even got the guy who plugged in the electric meter coming back. When we get the coke machine loaded with beer, well now..

Clipping cars, the going rate is $1200 labor? Someone help me here..

I can do one in a day. And I have this flat concrete floor now. Two plasma cutters, and several welders.

WHEN I drink for several days, I got PAUL SR beat all to heck. The indian blood boils to the surface and "instant asshole". I have not done any POWER drinking for a few years now. I drink wild turkey and chase it with beer and I am OUT of it in about ten shots.

Cheers, I'll have a shot for all of us.

Union brother, come on down, I did a IBEW bug on someone just a day or so ago.

David

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 10-15-2003).]

Leave a comment:

• Thrud
    replied
    All the success in the world to you my brother - just don't turn cranky like Paul Sr. on "American Chopper"

Leave a comment:

• Stick
    replied
    Now that idea I like! If I'm ever down your way again, I may just stop in for a tat and a chat. Good luck, brother!

Stick
    IBEW Local 2034
    Manitoba Canada

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ibewgypsie:

Any suggestions other than bikini clad saleswomen? (*we might)

Leave a comment:

• ZINOM
    replied
    David, your instincts sound right on....there are enough scab merchants out there because of unethical supply houses who chase a buck.

As far as the ink goes, I heard the best way to mix ink is to get a blender, rent a motel room, and remove everything but your underwear before entering and mixing up a batch.....no way to keep from making a huge mess.....thank you anyway....but I'm on my second marriage as it is and my wife ain't too keen on my lack of tidy-ness now LOL!

Cheers,

John

Leave a comment:

• Dave Burnett
    replied
    Good Luck!! Save a little room for a massage parlor and then you will have it all.

Leave a comment:

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    Zinom..

I have POUNDS of the old dry National inks. Ya need any.. I bought it years ago and sold it with a shop. My old partner bought it back without my knowing. He always wanted to start a tattoo supply business.

SOmething about selling needles to people I know are not going to sterilize them. I have hesitations.. I guess I should just go after the dollar.

David..

Leave a comment:

• ZINOM
    replied
    All the best to you Gypsie, sounds like you've got a full plate!

Thanks for the kind words.

John

p.s., I love Mario's inks.....pricey though.

Leave a comment:

• Sprocket
    replied
    DR and Billr : Check out http://despair.com/
    it sounds as though you could use a laugh

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Ibew just don't go nuts and start doing repair work cause if you do you will need some hard and fast rules about who,what,when and where people leave stuff,I got customers who think I get off on storing their now completed jobs,heh I get paid in advance now and hual to scrap if it ain't picked up on time,some people think I'm an a-hole because of that,but then like its said,takes one to know one.

Anyhow good luck on the new business!

Leave a comment:

• George Hodge
    replied
    Gypsie,things will get better! Good luck on the new building. The wife keeps reminding me about the two kids,one saw a manure pile,the other said there's got to be a pony under there. Got the diodes last week !! Almost have DC. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    Name on the Electrical power app...

"Broken Spoke Tattoo"

"What a mess.. the last guy who had the building had a tire business. He charged for disposal, but never did.. Over seven hundred tires there...

Laborers broke all the lawnmowers, the weed eaters, the tools today in about three hours..
    Ain't life grand?

Wild turkey time. Makes the evening a lil better..

Going to have to tattoo out of the bus for a few weeks I see it coming.. Building won't be clean enough for my shop for weeks..

About Friday.. I can start on the custom frames again..

Leave a comment:

• Alistair Hosie
    replied
    Ibew from the heart I wish you all the best.You deserve it.If I had your skill I would do the same.If I was your age of course good luck pal. Alistair

Leave a comment:

• Paul Gauthier
    replied
    Ibew

Good luck, You have such a wide variety of things you do that I can't see you being anything but successful. Will be passing through Georgia someday and will look you up. Need a new tattoo.

------------------
    Paul G.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X