Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCWKen
    replied
    Ops! You're about a month too late. I sold one of the thumbwheel types. I have a an "end-dial" type on ebay right now. I'm not sure it's what you're looking for. I also just sold the SB Micro Stop Mount.

I may have NOS halfnuts for that machine, if you need them.

Ken

Leave a comment:

• Hillbilly
    started a topic Micrometer Carriage Stop

Micrometer Carriage Stop

Greetings,
    I have restored my old (1950) 16/24â€‌ x 6’ SB lathe and need to find an original micrometer carriage stop for sale or trade. I believe that there were 2 types or variations of these stops. One had the micrometer dial on one end and I don’t know any identifying or reference numbers concerning it. The other type had the thimble or dial in the center of the “bodyâ€‌ so to speak and it had “MC -101 FHâ€‌ stamped on one of the end caps of the micrometer carriage stop. The original catalogue number on it is 975-FH. I also believe that either type will fit the 14آ½,16,17, 20, and 16/24 SBs, but I may be wrong on this assumption.

I believe the measurement from the center of the “Vâ€‌ of the clamp to the center of the “micrometer spindleâ€‌ is about 2 3/8â€‌.

If anyone thinks that you have either of these types, I can e-mail you a picture to tell for sure. I have some swap stuff: lathe tooling, etc.

I also, need an original tailstock nut wrench for the lathe.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Dan
    Rivett 608
    South Bend 16/24
Working...
X