No announcement yet.

Shop Made Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe you can elaborate on what is necessary to make it work with the pick up tubes in the ports. thanks ED
    Ed
    Agua Dulce, So.California
    1950 F1 street rod
    1949 F1 stock V8 flathead
    1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed
    1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame have a 4BT cummins motor, NV4500
    1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor, king coil-overs,P/S

Comment

• Sorry about that. I didn't take any pictures of what I did. I attached a link to another forum that shows what he did.
      http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/t...c-press.23367/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I built a mini dozer for my kids. More of the build can be seen at www.minidozerbuild.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dozerbuilder01 View Post
        Sorry about that. I didn't take any pictures of what I did. I attached a link to another forum that shows what he did.
        http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/t...c-press.23367/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        thanks for reference I will follow the thread.
        Ed
        Agua Dulce, So.California
        1950 F1 street rod
        1949 F1 stock V8 flathead
        1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed
        1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame have a 4BT cummins motor, NV4500
        1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor, king coil-overs,P/S

Comment

• That crane is bad a$$, I made one about the same color but it's no where near as stout.
          Last edited by hephaestus; 04-14-2015, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• My Fibromyalgia is getting no better and its a real struggle to use the drawbar on the Bridgeport so I made a simple power drawbar, like many other home made types it uses a 3/8" "butterfly" air wrench.

Seems to work OK so far all it really needs is a decent automatic oiler, I did fit an in-line one but it wasn't a success.

Paul

Comment

• Nice work!

Comment

• I like your RPM box. I need to make something like that. I just picked up a display.

Comment

• That is a damn fine design. I have a Kurt setup on my Trak DPM bed mill and the wrench is about dead I bought a rebuild kit and if that doesn't fix it I might do this Kurt wants over $400 for a replacement impact wrench.

Comment

• _Paul_ that's cool!

Comment

• Nice job Paul !!

Just a few suggestions for what they're worth:

1) Have you considered using Oilite bearings for those kingpins? It would take the nuisance out of having to keep them lubed and it appears you are collecting some overflow on the baseplate.

2) A rectangular cover, possibly made from plastic, would keep dirt from collecting on the mechanism. It could be slotted for the handle and airline and attached to the baseplate. it looks like the aluminum block could be shortened considerably on both ends to make the cover more compact.

Once again, a VERY impressive piece of work. Many thanks for sharing!

Comment

• I made a holder for 1/8" and 1/4" carbide countersinks to use for manual deburring small holes.

It is about 2.5" long and .56" diameter. Sorry about the crappy knurling, I was in a hurry
                        Last edited by GSWayne; 04-26-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• That's a nice little tool GSWayne. I could have used that last week *LOL* I like the idea of using carbide too. You have inspired me to make one of my own ... thanks for sharing your idea!

Comment

• Here is my my modified tool holders

Comment

• Originally posted by sawlog View Post
                              Here is my my modified tool holders
                              [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Been there. Done that. Got the tee shirt.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mark...tml?sort=3&o=6

The VNMG holder actually has the dovetail too far from the tip of the tool
                                Last edited by Spin Doctor; 04-26-2015, 06:38 PM.
                                Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Working...
                                X