No announcement yet.

Shop Made Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have anything specific to add today. I'm just posting so that whenever something new is added I will automatically be notified so I can have a look at it. Brian Rupnow
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
      I don't have anything specific to add today. I'm just posting so that whenever something new is added I will automatically be notified so I can have a look at it. Brian Rupnow
      Another way is to scroll up and look for the THREAD TOOLS button. It is right under the name for the thread. Click it and then click SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD, and Bob's your uncle.

Comment

• Well I figured I would add a little machining project.
        A lot of us have presses.You always need different size bars or what not to press on things.I went ahead and made a shaft and several different size heads that slip onto the shaft and had an oring to keep them on it. I made the heads a few thousands under each 1/8th inch step.
        I made a few other attachments also like the one in the press in the pic. It has a replaceable brass tip to protect finishes.
        I believe you could make v-block heads or anything your heart desires.lol..
        Also made a tool rack to hold the different stems.I was tired of them falling onto the floor...Solved that easily.

Last edited by j king; 05-22-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Few more pics

Now get out there and make something. Lol
          Last edited by j king; 05-22-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Jking, Your pics don't show up. Might be a privacy setting.

Brian
            OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

• They are there for me. From photobucket according to the link source info when I hover over them.

Jking, I like the O ring retention idea. Nice and simple. And cheap to replace when it does wear out.
              Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

• I see them too
                san jose, ca. usa

Comment

• Bborr01 is correct.I fixed it. Thanks.

Comment

• Nothing fancy. I needed a set of extended transfer screws. So a little quick work on the lathe and presto.

Comment

• Hi
                      Not so much a build but a modification to a common Chinese engine hoist that is useful for shifting machine tools.
                      The standard hoist takes up more space than I have. I modified the hoist so the moving arm folds down against the ram. The ram is moved higher to take full advantage of the available ram motion.

I made the lower ram support bracket so I could adjust the height but this is not necessary. I welded a plate onto the main upright that supports most of the weight on the bottom of the RAM.

The hoist now lifts higher in use, and takes up less floor space when stored.

Comment

• That's a very useful mod. I have the 1-ton HF crane.
                        12" x 35" Logan 2557V lathe
                        Index "Super 55" mill
                        18" Vectrax vertical bandsaw
                        7" x 10" Vectrax mitering bandsaw
                        24" State disc sander

Comment

• Not really a tool, but some Tig filler storage

[IMG]https://www.flickr.com/photos/davisg...posted-public/[/IMG]

[IMG]https://www.flickr.com/photos/davisg...posted-public/[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20150605_004 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20150605_014 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
                          Last edited by gdavis2265; 06-21-2016, 08:14 PM.
                          Cheers,

Glenn

Come visit the shop!

Comment

• Sheetmetal storage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davisg...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davisg...posted-public/

[IMG]Plate Rack 6 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Plate Rack 7 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
                            Last edited by gdavis2265; 06-21-2016, 08:13 PM.
                            Cheers,

Glenn

Come visit the shop!

Comment

• I was cheap and had a big stainless polishing job - so I modded a HF polisher.

[IMG]WP_20150516_011 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20150516_012 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20150516_014 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
                              Cheers,

Glenn

Come visit the shop!

Comment

• Gooseneck spring loaded tool post for form tools

[IMG]WP_20150329_004 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20150329_006 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20150329_014 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20150329_016 by Glenn Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
                                Cheers,

Glenn

Come visit the shop!

Comment

Working...
                                X