18" Vectrax vertical bandsaw
      7" x 10" Vectrax mitering bandsaw
      24" State disc sander

Comment

• Thanks, guys!

This should get you started:

More at http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasc...?sort=4&page=1

Jim
        Last edited by Jim2; 12-22-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Thank you for posting the drawings.

Comment

• You're welcome, Illinoyance. It doesn't say anywhere on the drawings, but I used 3-3/8" x 1" dowel pins, and it fits a CXA toolpost.

Jim

Comment

• I can scale it to BXA or AXA. Not sure which I will do first.

Comment

• Jim2 thats is a really nice tool, Illinoyance if you can scale it to AXA that would be great and something else for my todo list

Paul

Comment

• Thanks, _Paul_. Loved your tool-holders also--especially that nice blacking you did on them. Very nice!

Jim

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]Hi This is my first posting so here's hoping I am doing right. I have a Tormach PCNC mill with the 8" fixed rotary table 4th Axis. I had a job that came into the workshop and it was a large one that required the a- Axis to be at an angle to the table. At first I thought that I should just make a wedge to fit under the table to tilt it but then I thought why not make something more useable so I came up with this that I thought I would share. It enables the table to be set at the right hand end of the mill table with the stepper motor pointing outward, which allows more Y-axis movement towards the column without the motor fouling the control panel. The job is a simple drilling job so I am confident that the angle plate is up to the job. I will give it a try when I have some heavier milling to do just to check out it's rigidity.
                    https://youtu.be/Vdrn6P9RI80
                    I'm not sure if embedding is allowed but here goes.
                    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vdrn6P9RI80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    Last edited by Bob Rodgerson; 12-23-2016, 02:34 PM. Reason: Extra content added.

Comment

• That's more a hack than a build but here's my take on micro lubrication:

It took me less than 30 minutes to build and it works like a charm. An old airbrush (10$) slightly modified makes the air and oil flow easy to adjust. A strong magnet helps the stand not to fall.

The air consumption is minimal around 3l/min or 0,1 CFM.

a quick video (15s) for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elxlIs1EJ14

Comment

• Very first post and you call someone a hacker? Oh you are going to fit right in.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1-800miner View Post
                          Very first post and you call someone a hacker? Oh you are going to fit right in.
                          I think he meant to say "This is more a hack than a build but here's my take on micro lubrication:" I don't think he was saying Bob R's rotary table angle mount was a hack-job!
                          Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim2 View Post
                            Thanks, BCR. I am pretty happy with how it came out.

Jim
                            Really nice work. Would you have any interest I making and selling any of these holders next time you do a "batch"? I know I can get some imports cheap but I'd like to get some usa made holders without spending 5X as much as imports. Can't hurt to ask[emoji2].
                            Merry Christmas all!

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
                            If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing

Comment

• Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
                              I think he meant to say "This is more a hack than a build but here's my take on micro lubrication:" I don't think he was saying Bob R's rotary table angle mount was a hack-job!
                              I was indeed talking about the airbrush modification, I didn't think that it could be misinterpreted.
                              Last edited by TRYPHON974; 12-24-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Comment

Working...
                                X