Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Made Tools

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi Paul
    The red fibre board is in between heavy cardboard and soft Al sheet. I am very happy with it. But, try to find a source these days! I couldn't, so I am using 'old stock'.

    Cheers
    Roger

    Comment


    • Nothing fancy, but makes me wonder why I haven't done these earlier. Threading die holders for lathe or cordless drill:


      Material was 416R stainless because I have bunch of cut-offs with rifled holes..
      Location: Helsinki, Finland, Europe

      Comment


      • This is a length setting tool I made to position parts to a uniform setting in the mill or lathe. It's made of Delrin, allthread and a wing nut. Maybe others will find it useful.







        Last edited by Toolguy; 07-09-2017, 03:26 PM. Reason: fix stupid Photobucket issues
        Kansas City area

        Comment


        • that's a neat idea!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
            Nothing fancy, but makes me wonder why I haven't done these earlier. Threading die holders for lathe or cordless drill:


            Material was 416R stainless because I have bunch of cut-offs with rifled holes..
            I would like to see more of that chip shield on the lathe ! I am so tired of being sandblasted by chips and them flying all over.

            Comment


            • That it a great idea. Every now and then I do small batch runs of pins cut vertically in an er32 collet block. I currently use a 6" scale to check height while tightening the collet, but that is perfect. I like how you can hold the pin with your thumb. Thanks for the idea, I'm making one. I also like that collet block..
              Last edited by Dan Dubeau; 02-10-2017, 08:54 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post
                I would like to see more of that chip shield on the lathe ! I am so tired of being sandblasted by chips and them flying all over.
                Its pretty simple, piece of polycarbonate bend with help of hot air gun, mounted to piece of steel and the M12 bolt doubles as a hinge joint. Highly recommended after getting hot brass chip inside my nose!!



                And here is my fix to chuck running loose and trying to smash my toes:
                http://i.imgur.com/AMXil4X.jpg
                http://i.imgur.com/lQA9KEZ.jpg
                Location: Helsinki, Finland, Europe

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
                  This is a length setting tool I made to position parts to a uniform setting in the mill or lathe. It's made of Delrin, allthread and a wing nut. Maybe others will find it useful.
                  Great idea!

                  This is a perfect example why I like this thread.

                  Comment


                  • yes, it has to be on the carriage, otherwise its useless.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gerardtreff View Post
                      Hello,

                      I have just ended a device(plan) to make threading simply.
                      The detail of the manufacturing is there:

                      http://www.usinages.com/threads/port...matique.92950/

                      In "appetizer":

                      https://goo.gl/photos/nqcKyUuEsbn36XeT9
                      https://youtu.be/SlPjoFV-g5o
                      https://youtu.be/7P5ew8ZoSEA

                      Thank you all, and happy reading.
                      how do you stop the spindle?

                      Comment


                      • Milling head mounting block for lathe to use it for milling and grinding in the lathe:

                        http://imgur.com/a/WnjNi
                        Location: Helsinki, Finland, Europe

                        Comment


                        • i bet the cover doesnt fit now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rcaffin View Post
                            Hi Paul
                            The red fibre board is in between heavy cardboard and soft Al sheet. I am very happy with it. But, try to find a source these days! I couldn't, so I am using 'old stock'.

                            Cheers
                            Roger

                            Red fibre board is made from chemically treated felt, I bought some a few years ago, the same company made both. Minimum buy was 1 square metre, eye watering price! Dave

                            Comment


                            • eye watering price!
                              I see. Um.
                              I subsequently hung LM35s over the gear, ran it and logged the temperatures with a Labjack T7. I tested the system with various layers of insulation at different power levels.
                              I found I did not really need the insulation at all. The temperatures stayed within an acceptable range.
                              No insulation at all is the cheapest solution ...

                              Cherrs
                              Roger

                              Comment


                              • slitting saw arbor with Aciera W12 mounting:


                                Maybe I can slit my next collets with proper tool instead of angle grinder
                                Location: Helsinki, Finland, Europe

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X