X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah G.A., he's not a newbie anymore!

Comment

yeh,,Ga
      that was pretty good bringing that to our attention, it's pretty funny how we can stir up an old thread and make it go farther than where it left off at..
      Now I see why they call it a thread...

Happy machining...

Dave...

Comment

G.A.Ewen - I hadn't noticed the date 'til you mentioned it, but I did wonder why Joe responded instead of Neil!

Comment

Speaking of Joe Rice, does anyone know what he is doing now?
          To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NAIT:
            The best "textbook" on machining I've found is relatively unknown in the USA: It is an Australian book: "Fitting and Machining", edited by Ron Culley, published by RMIT Publishing, Melbourne. This 640 page book gives both an overview of machinery, and also highly specific instructions - such as how to set up a workpiece in a four-jaw chuck.</font>
            For those interested in this Australian book, it is described in www.rmitpublishing.com.au/show.asp?id=FITTING_AND_MACHINING&type=Print

Comment

Nait,
              Thanks for the Tip, I brought Fitting & Machining , GREAT book well worth every cent.

Comment

Speaking of Joe Rice, does anyone know what he is doing now?

Hi G.A.

I saw him at the PRIME show in Eugene Or in sept but did not get a chance to speek with him. He did look like he was still alive.
                Charlie
                Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
                http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Joe is enjoying his retirement by continuing his involvement in the musical arts. He still has Bay Com/New Life Video productions which keeps him in touch with the machining hobby.

Occasionally, he stops by the office to rub in the "retired" part!

Neil

Comment

Working...
                  X