Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T computer battery

Hi folks;
    I wonder if anybody can tell me where to get a generic battery for my Toshiba satellite 110cs laptop. toshiba want an arm and a leg for one, and as this is an older model I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. Buying a new one cannot be justified, so is not an option.
    Thanks
    Jim
    Jim

Jim

Can you find any identification on the battery? What shape and size is it?
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Hi Evan;
      Kind of thought you might be the one to answer this. That's why I voted you for computer guru Anyway, here is the information I found on the battery.
      Toshiba
      hi-mh battery pack
      model no. pa24390
      dc 12v 2800mah.
      hope this helps.
      jim
      Jim

Comment

Jim,

It is available from Radio Shack. The Radio Shack National Parts # 11864808. Note that the National Parts number is not the same as the in store numbers. Sorry, don't know price but is probably around $150CD.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Thanks Evan
          Jim
          Jim

Comment

Jim

You can take a battery pack down to most industrial battery suppliers and they will rebuild them for the cost of parts & a small spot welding fee and then eseal it up like new. I had to have a Mac 140 notebook battery rebuilt - cost about $30 (Cdn) - Apple wants $200 for new part (scarce).

Besides, the battery shop will recycle the NiCd batteries properly (considered evironmental toxic waste).

Comment

Working...
            X