OT: Looking for a stick of old laptop ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Looking for a stick of old laptop ram

I have a couple of IBM Thinkpad 365XD laptops that I am renovating. I am switching them to WIN 98 with a ram drive and need to increase the ram to maximum. To do this I need at least one and preferably two pieces of 32mb SO-DIMM 144 pin EDO RAM. This ram was very common in many laptops from the 1990s from many manufacturers but has nearly vanished from the market. Restockit.com carries it in the US but will not ship to Canada. I have found another Canadian possible source but I thought I would ask here if anybody has a piece that they would like to trade for something useful.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

I can resend it from restockit if that will help.

Comment

I thought that I had some here but after a trip to the shop storage, I dont see it. I must have traded it off for something.

If you choose to make a purchase, one of us can get it and toss it your way. wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean

rock~
      Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

I may take you up on that Dennis if I can't either find one here to trade for or if that Canadian supplier doesn't work out. Thanks guys.

Comment

Memory Chips

Evan Have 4 of these with the label:
          08/26/96
          131422 EDO
          2MX36-6 MOT
          Void if removed

Can you use ? Do not know much about memory. Jim

Comment

Try txmicro

Comment

Jim,

This is what I am looking for:

Comment

Evan -

I volunteer at a local non-profit and rebuild computers for local kids who otherwise wouldn't be able to have one. This Saturday we're having an e-waste collection day. There are usually some laptops dropped off (and most look like they've been "pre-dropped"). I'll keep an eye out for them and see if I can find the memory you need.

Glenn

Comment

Last edited by tyrone shewlaces; 01-29-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I am well aware of that but it differentiates between regular 72 pin DIMM and 144 pin SO-DIMM which is laptop size.

Comment

Evan -

It was really slow today at the e-waste drop off, not one laptop came in. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find anything.

Glenn

Comment

I may have some, but i may have pitched it when I cleaned the basement elcetronics lab a few months ago. I will look for you when I get home from work.

Later,
                        Jason

Comment

Thanks. I will await your reply.

Comment

I have a stick of Hynix 512MB 2Rx16 PC-2-4200S-444-12
                            It is also marked HYMP564S64BP6-C4 AB 0638

Too big, but it came from a Dell laptop that I upgraded for a friend.

If someone can use it.

Comment

Evan,
                              I have an old Dell Inspiron 3500 with memory that looks like what you showed in the photo. I don't know the size, not computer literate enough for that.

heres a link to some photos:
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ron3500002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ron3500001.jpg

Be happy to send the computer to you or just the memory if you think you can use it. Comes with spare floppy drive module and CD drive, and charger (battery is dead), no charge.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X