Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron of Va
    Good Job and work-a-round.
    Was your scale too tall for your carriage?
    Here is how I did the cross slide on my Grizzly G4003G.
    What brand did you use on your Grizzly?

Comment

Originally posted by Steelmaster
      One problem I was experiencing with the DRO was that the readout was rather dim, particularly as I have a fluoro mounted right above the lathe.

Queried the guy I bought it from, also the designer/builder, and he informed me that the firmware inside the DRO would have to be updated to change the brightness of the readout.

Delivered the DRO to him on Sunday morning and picked it up on my way home on Sunday afternoon. Brightness is now spot-on for these old eyes

Another job to be completed was the splash guard, it had to be modified to allow the Y-axis glass scale to travel along the X-axis.

I basically cut the splash guard in 2, see photo in previous post and used some 3mm PVC sheet to attach the 2 parts with a suitable slot to allow the Y-axis scale to travel along it. I also made the spash guard slightly longer to allow it to rest on the bench just outside the drip tray.

Close up of the slot and PVC sheet

Great Post.

Comment

Originally posted by William33902
        What brand did you use on your Grizzly?
        It is an Easson ES-10 purchased from DRO Pro. It has been discontinued.

Comment

It is an Easson ES-10 purchased from DRO Pro. It has been discontinued.
          Thanks Ron. Side note, would you recommend DRO Pros as to do business with? They appear on the up and up, but thought I would ask since you have experience with them.

Comment

Originally posted by William33902
            Thanks Ron. Side note, would you recommend DRO Pros as to do business with? They appear on the up and up, but thought I would ask since you have experience with them.
            Yes, I would recommend them as a business to buy from. They were quite willing to share their time and advice after the purchase. I had no issues with the product, therefore I can’t comment on how a return would be handled. However they told me several times, that if I had any problems with the product they would gladly make it right, and that they wanted me to be satisfied with the purchase. Telephone calls and emails were returned promptly.

During my installation, I created a pictorial step by step documentation of the process. It was inspired by Steve Bedair’s installation seen here: http://www.bedair.org/Grizzly12x/DRO/GrizzlyDRO.html

I did a few things differently, but it is basically the same. DRO Pro asked for a copy, and it is, or was posted on their web site for a while. They couldn’t use Steve Bedair’s because DRO Pro doesn’t sell that model.
            [email protected]

Comment

Yes, I would recommend them as a business to buy from. They were quite willing to share their time and advice after the purchase. I had no issues with the product, therefore I can’t comment on how a return would be handled. However they told me several times, that if I had any problems with the product they would gladly make it right, and that they wanted me to be satisfied with the purchase. Telephone calls and emails were returned promptly.

During my installation, I created a pictorial step by step documentation of the process. It was inspired by Steve Bedair’s installation seen here: http://www.bedair.org/Grizzly12x/DRO/GrizzlyDRO.html

I did a few things differently, but it is basically the same. DRO Pro asked for a copy, and it is, or was posted on their web site for a while. They couldn’t use Steve Bedair’s because DRO Pro doesn’t sell that model.
              [email protected]
              Thanks Ron. I am so glad I asked. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X