DRO for an 8" Rotary Table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRO for an 8" Rotary Table?

Anyone know of a cheap solution for a DRO for an 8" rotary table?

Marv

Marv,
    You may wnat to try this link http://www.bwelectronics.co.uk/ they make a reasonable product depending on what you actually require out of it.

Comment

Neat! But I don't see anything that would work for a rotary table? Am I missing something?

Marv

Comment

Don't know about a dro,but the Frog controller and motor can be used to convert it to cnc then you don't need a dro!
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Don't know that I have seen a DRO on a rotary table. Might get a scale of appropriate length, heat it and wrap it around the table??
          If this doesn't suit you, you might want to look into encoders.
          Jim H.

Comment

Marv,
            Go to "using a digital readout" 300 series and it explains about connecting it to a rotary table.

Comment

I have 3 or 4 of these BW Electronics setups around the shop. They are quite good for the money.
              I find they take a bit of carefull setting up to get the accuracy published but the repeatability is spot on once set.

The main claim to fame with these is the fact you can literally swap them between machines very quickly. For a small shop one 2 axis setup could swap between a couple of lathes and a mill.
              I have two setup all the while on the two larger lathe crossslides and I can swap one between the carriage on the other machines if I'm doing length work.

They can go onto rotary tables just as quickly but I must admit I've never used mine on a rotary table.
              I have also used them on the quill of my big drilling machine for production drilling and on the table traverse of the big slotter, handy for doing large keyways with a smaller cutter as table backlash doesn't come into it.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
              X