More junk yard finds!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More junk yard finds!!

Looks like my pipe bender project is on the way. Found some #120 chain Morse made in USA. And A pile of new bearings. The biggest 2"ID all I kept was the new stuff the chain was new. I picked up 5, 10' pieces. No sprockets yet I'll go back next week.

Wonder if this will fit on my mountain bike?

Comment

Junk yard find, 1885 Barnes Drill, $70.

--Doozer
      DZER

Comment

-- What are you going to build with that roller chain? I have some 120 sprockets I am not using if you had some thing in mind. I could use that chain if you decide you want to sell it, I use a lot of it on my Cleveland ditchers. I love junk yard finds!!!

Comment

true temper:I might have to take you up on the sprockets. I want to build a tubing bender. Hears a thread of the start of the bender. And a drawing of it from George. I think I need at lest a 26T or bigger but I will need two of them. From what I'm finding 6,000lbs is the working lode of the #120 chain. It will take two strands of chain to make the working load required.
          http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=39010

Comment

I wonder ,Although I love to hear of anyone finding good stuff,if these bearings have not been thrown out for a reason i.e they are worn out maybe not .Have fun.Alistair
            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Alistair: I don't think any of the bearings wear used. From what I looked at the paint is still intact around the bolt holes not scratched or chipped off. There just dirty, there wear some that wear defiantly used black with old grease.

Comment

Working...
              X