Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Recession? ---So you would know!

What Recession?

A December USA Today analysis revealed that during the first 18 months of the recent recession, beginning December 2007, the number of federal employees with six-figure salaries shot up from 14 percent of the federal workforce to 19 percent. Defense Department civilian executives earning more than $150,000 went from 1,868 to more than 10,000, and the Department of Transportation, which had only one person earning $170,000 in December 2007, now has 1,690. The average federal salary is $71,206, compared with the private sector's $40,331. [USA Today, 12-10-09]

We voted for change, and change is all we have left. I'm going to need more change before this is over.

Comment

Hope and change. Heh heh.

Comment

I'd be surprised if anyone here is surprised about that.
        Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

One way politicians make unemployment numbers look good is to create government jobs, even if they are unneeded. They borrow the money required to pay their salary and benefits. The deficit, which seems invisible and unimportant, goes up, unemployment numbers go down.

Comment

Originally posted by gnm109
            Hope and change. Heh heh.

I think it is "Chains"

Comment

Originally posted by davidfe
              What Recession?

A December USA Today analysis revealed that during the first 18 months of the recent recession, beginning December 2007, the number of federal employees with six-figure salaries shot up from 14 percent of the federal workforce to 19 percent.
              Obama didn't take office until 14 months after the USA Today analysis. So apparently Bush's strategy of Halliburton trickle-down worked
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

If the "other party" hadn't pushed for the same Failed Economic Policies as they have used for the last 30 years while "Working Stiffs" were told "Don't Worry, it will Trickle Down to you - eventually" the outcome might have been entirely different

In the most memorable words of Lee Iacoka "Lead, Follow, or Get Out the Way"

In fact I watched CSpin the other night and some Elected Congress Critter Stooge was spewing those same Failed Policies as the answer to all our problems - what an Idiot!

Even Greenspan has publicly attributed the current Economic Crisis as the Direct Result of those Failed policies

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
                  Obama didn't take office until 14 months after the USA Today analysis. So apparently Bush's strategy of Halliburton trickle-down worked
                  So nearly half that time since has been on Obama's watch. I wonder what a time line would show regarding the rate of growth. Do you suppose it peaked and then started going down starting last January? Or has it not yet peaked?

Comment

Risking a visit from gentlemen in suits wearing sun glasses, I think that We the People need to take back control from the Government. A Giant Tea Party with an Entree , they don't have enough room to put all of Us in prison.

It is not a Bush-Obama problem , it doesn't matter who is in office , it is too much government and too much government waste.

Steve

Comment

By the way, Georgia.. My county to raise revenue done away with the homestead exemption for property taxes.. Everyone now pays full amount.

By the way, my business taxes.. I was notified of a "penalty" added to my account on the 19th, had to respond by the 20th, and it was mailed out by them on the 22nd of Jan 2010.. (after the deadline to respond with protest)

So.. Hurrah for government.. the bums.
                      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

The part that drives me crazy is that the only two things that ever get cut--seriously cut--are NASA and the military.

There's a good case to be made that the ARES program was a boondoggle that deserved to be cut, just as there is an argument that the F-22 is beyond overkill. I just wish that we were 1/4th as good at cutting other programs, like Head Start, that time has also been proven to be a giant waste of money.

Here is a good site to do your own research:
                        http://www.usgovernmentspending.com

Clinton looks like the best small-government president in history. Of course, he had one headwind (Newt Gingrich) and one tailwind (the end of the Cold War "peace dividend") helping out. Even with that, he was much more of a centrist than our current pres.
                        Last edited by sansbury; 01-31-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

It is not a Bush-Obama problem
                          Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. There is no fundamental difference between the two political parties. It's all a show.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBaSP31Be8

I like the page 59, Government will have access to all individual bank accounts for monetary withdrawal. Monitor all individual bank accounts,

All small businesses will be monitored and audited.

Yeah, it's about time to take some buckets of tar and feathers and some rails up to Washington Dc..
                            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ennis
                              Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. There is no fundamental difference between the two political parties. It's all a show.
                              I agree with that!
                              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
                              X