Result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result

My Mitutoyo Calendar was a bit late arriving this year.
    Normally I get it before Christmas, but it still hadn't arrived by the middle of last week so I rang to give them a little nudge and see if it would be here before Easter.
    Well this morning I got back from a client meeting to find this huge box from Mitutoyo on my desk, and when I opened it up they hadn't sent me 1 Calendar, they had sent 18 of them!
    They also sent a whole pack of wallcharts, none of which I have any more space in the workshop for unfortunately.

Still, bit of a result on the Calendars though.

Peter

wow, uhhh, maybe they shipped them to the wrong person. Maybe the other guy got your 1 calendar. Won't he be mad now.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

Do I see one on setting a co- ax up in that lot ????????

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

No John, I think she's sitting on a Toyota throttle pedal.
        It's only ink and paper

Comment

One of the UK members was kind enough to drop-ship me a Mitutoyo calendar last year. December has two gorgeous (but clothed ) women standing in provocative poses. My two year old Son came into the shop, saw the calendar, and excitedly pointed: "Whoa, whoa whoa!!!"

My Wife and I were puzzled -- surely he couldn't be a horn dog at 2? Then he walked up to the calendar and pointed "wheel! wheel!"

There's a mag wheel in the bottom right of the calendar. Hadn't noticed
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
            Do I see one on setting a co- ax up in that lot ????????

Impossible - there's nothing mysterious about them. They're probably the best understood tool in the box. Ask anyone.

Comment

Peter, I guess you'll be busy scanning photos soon?

Thats a nice little gift they sent you. Its like pulling teeth around here to get free calendars. Especially if you want them covered with good looking semi clothed gals.

Any of the charts worth keeping for more than just one read through? Drill charts are about all I hang up 'round the shop. Everything else is somewhere I can quickly grab for a needed reference.

cheers!
              rock~
              Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Very nice..

Dont worry about the myth...you eyesight will be fine ..

Rob

Comment

Half of the charts they sent would be fine in an apprentice workshop, as they describe basic things like calipers, clocks, and height gauges.
                  The SPC chart will be useful on the factory floor (wall) as a reminder or quick reference and I already have the profile measurement and hardness conversion chart.
                  I'm like you Jim in that I just have drill size or metric/imperial conversion charts hung the wall in a couple of places.

No co-ax feeding instructions though

Peter

Comment

Got a spare one for my workshop then?

Dave
                    Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

Originally posted by small.planes
                      Got a spare one for my workshop then?

Dave
                      Yep. Pm addy and I'll get it off this week.
                      I mentioned it another (Bike) forum too, and demand for them has been a bit thick and fast - only got a few spare left now!

Peter

Comment

Your son's comments remind me of when my son asked about the picture of a lady in a bikini holding a model airplane on the front of a magazine. My wife heard and commented "Why son, shes the one who built the model of course...."

Comment

Working...
                        X