No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • microbore

    I have here a piece of steel tubing called miller microbore- wondering if it's anything special- it's very smooth inside, and appears to be seamless, at least I can't find any evidence of a seam. It's also very round. ID is 3 1/4 inches, and it's 1/8 wall. When I got it years ago, it raised eyebrows as it went through the shop.

    I needed a cover for a ball hitch, and this was the only thing that was large enough to fit that wasn't sloppy. I have a feeling the guy sold it to me for what typical pipe or tubing would have cost, but that it should have been more dollars. We just made a lockable ball cover out of it.

    I wonder what it's original use was supposed to be- cylinder liner, perhaps?
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

  • #2
    Maybe hydraulic cylinder.