Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KiddZimaHater
    replied
    Just let your column fill up with chips.
    That will dampen chatter.

Leave a comment:

• BobWarfield
    replied
    Just made a new one for my mill after wearing out the other one:

I'm just using Home Depot shower pan liner, which is a nice supple rubber-like material.

To hold it in place, I am using some magnetic plates:

The magnets match up on both plates. They stick to the machine, and they pinch the rubber between each other. If something grabs, they just pop loose before anything tears. I'm using little neodymium magnets like you get on ebay for cheap. They're Loctited into an aluminum bracket.

Quick and easy. I'm thinking of making some more such clamps. They'd be good to use to cover the lathe ways if I have to do some grinding, for example.

Cheers,

BW

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Enco has a complete set for a Bridgeport or similar mill. I bought one last year with covers for front and back of the saddle for my new to me Webb. It has stainless steel strips pre-drilled to connect to the machine. It was something like $59.00 (US).

It fits beautifully.

Leave a comment:

• EVguru
    replied
    Or you could skin an armadillo;

Leave a comment:

• SGW
    replied
    I think MSC sells Neoprene replacements. Or you can just buy some sheet Neoprene, somewhat more cheaply, and cut your own.

Leave a comment:

• digr
    replied
    I used a belt of off a tread mill.

Leave a comment:

• John R
    replied
    I use a rag held in place with magnets. I have also used a peice of an old shower curtin.
    John R

Leave a comment:

• ZINOM
    replied
    My wife picked me up some "oilcloth" at the local fabric shop....I use that on my mill.

John

Leave a comment:

• davidh
    replied
    my real bridgy has flat leather well oiled to be sure. . . . . pretty indistructable .

Leave a comment:

• Abner
    started a topic Mill skirt

Mill skirt

I have a bridgeport clone. The skirt between the table and the column is missing. What could I use? Thank you in advance
Working...
X