Why are Computer things so difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Computer things so difficult?

Posting picture from Photbucket was easy before. You selected the picture and got the "code" for inserting pictures into posts. Also you could select several pictures and get the codes for all of them at one time.

Now with the "new and improved" Photobucket, I don't have a clue how to obtain the code for posting! As soon as you select the picture, it come up for editing, which is not what I want. When sharing it picked, a whole bunch of totally unknown items appear and I have no idea what to do. Change sucks!

Can anyone please advise what needs to be done to put a picture located in Photobucket in a post? Thanks.
    Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

ignore the editing ..look up at the mid top left corner ...and there is a link to the album its aready in.

press there.and you return to the album ..
    then just get the link from under the thumb nail

all the best.markj

Comment

crap its changed again since i was last there

ignore the above

its now even simpler than it was a couple of weeks ago

now you scroll down a bit
      press the save and get links button ..

or

save and return to album..there will be links under the thumb nails in the album.

all the best.markj

Comment

Photobucket phased me out in the last few months. Ever so slowly every possibility vanished. It looks I need an upgraded computer and operating system to use Photobucket.

My computer works and that's it.

So I looked around and found Tinypic. It works, but they too will phase me out eventually.

Crazy people, those software guys. Living within their own laws.

Comment

Gee, Photobucket works for me just like it always has. Hover over the thumbnail, links drop down, copy IMG link, paste into post.

Comment

Learn the simple code and unlock yourself from being dependent on them for it.
            Code:
            [img]link of image[/img]

Comment

HEY, MTNGUN, I like that photo. Beautiful scene man.
              It's only ink and paper

Comment

Originally posted by MTNGUN
                Gee, Photobucket works for me just like it always has. Hover over the thumbnail, links drop down, copy IMG link, paste into post.
                The OP is on about what happens when you upload a photo..what happens in the next few steps after.

that's changed a bit .

all the best.markj

Comment

Computer stuff is difficult because the nerds of the world are exacting their revenge on those of us who attended shop class and played sports.

Comment

imageshack.com is way better!
                    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                      The OP is on about what happens when you upload a photo..what happens in the next few steps after.
                      OK, I'll take your word for it, but I just tried uploading a pic my usual way (by email), and it went fine. Something machining-related this time.

vpt, thanks for the tip on imageshack. Always good to have accounts at several hosting sites so I'm not dependent on a single site.

Comment

Why are Computer things so difficult?
                        Because they have been made far too complex.

These are the settings in Windows XP that deal with just the sound system and nothing else. There are more that don't use a graphical user interface, many more.

This is ridiculous.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Done with photobucket!!!

My photobucket acount also went belly up with the "new and improved version" months ago.....Can't access it and no hellp from photobucket.....

A friend told me to download "Picasa", a free hosting site, and I've never looked back.....Here's a web album I made to post pics of a broken coil spring needs repairing.....

http://picasaweb.google.com/auagminr...eat=directlink

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                            Because they have been made far too complex.

These are the settings in Windows XP that deal with just the sound system and nothing else. There are more that don't use a graphical user interface, many more.

This is ridiculous.
                            When you are extending an existing system, it is quite difficult to make things simpler, and the tendency is very much towards making things more complex. Rewriting from scratch is not often much of an option, when you are dealing with an OS.

-Pete
                            I just like to make stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete F
                              When you are extending an existing system, it is quite difficult to make things simpler, and the tendency is very much towards making things more complex. Rewriting from scratch is not often much of an option, when you are dealing with an OS.
                              That's only half of it: Computer systems are rather complicated engineering efforts, I can't think of any mechanical equivalent that would have a similar level of complexity. Even something like a Saturn V rocket wouldn't come close.

And all those millions of "parts" inside your computer have been made by different people who never met each other; they all have different bugs; all of them are designed to hide their inner workings from the outside world and an engineer who finds a bug in something while building a system can only rarely go in and fix it, usually he just has to work around it. Add to that that IT engineers consider standardised parts, like nuts or bolts, a revolutionary idea whose time will come really soon now and you've got a recipe for disaster.

I'm constantly amazed at how well all this junk actually works, everything considered. For about five minutes. Then I go back to wishing I went to shop class when I was a kid and wouldn't have to deal with this crap.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X