Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Pictures of stupid things people do, lets see them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Pictures of stupid things people do, lets see them!

I always liked to see pics of random acts of stupidity or temporary brain lapse. Lets see what funny pics you have saved on your computer!

I'll start

Andy

Did you notice? It's a Toyota, too.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

not only is it a toyota.... its a PRIUS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wagnerite
        not only is it a toyota.... its a PRIUS!!!

And if his mileage is anything like my Prius, he may have been dragging that behind him for 4 or 5 weeks!

Dan
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Well, that gives a new slant to "Doesn't stop for gas."
          "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

What you guys are missing is there used to be an anchor attached for breaking.......apparently thats worn out also...........LOL
            Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Originally posted by hardtail
              What you guys are missing is there used to be an anchor attached for breaking.......apparently thats worn out also...........LOL

I'm pretty sure that hammers are better for breaking. An anchor might help with braking, but except for a very specific circumstance, it's not really needed.

I always wonder about anti-lock and traction control designs. In both cases the designer has to figure out when it's better to over-ride the explicit commands of the driver. That's not easy to do.

But they are fixing the problem, so it's no worse than the recall on my taurus where the gas line tended to leak on the exhaust manifold. But what's a little fire between friends?

Dan
              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater

About 40 years ago I saw this done. When the guy on the smaller fork lift felt it tilting forward he jumped off just in time to keep from being killed. The fork lift fell off forward when it hit the ground it broke the front axle on both wheels. One wheel went to the right the other wheel went to the left they flew over 300 feet through the air before. If the wheels had hit someone it would have killed them dead. Lucky they were outside on the back side of the building if those wheels had bounced all over the inside of the building no telling how many people would have been hurt.

Guys on 3 shift use to drag race the fork lifts one night one of the fork lifts went off the loading dock at the Railroad tracks. There was no railroad car parked there at the time. The front forks stuck in the dirt leaving the fork lift stuck in the ground at about 40 degree angle.
                    Last edited by gary350; 02-04-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Google OOPS for ton of similar pix, that pop up here, like the forklift pix,
                      from time to time. Then there is is scatological pix of the guy demolished
                      in the lathe from a few years back and the electrocution pix, particularly
                      gruesome out of Russia from the '90s when the economy there went
                      underwater. There is a website of 3d world pix of really gruesome auto
                      accidents, executions and some of the more horrendous things people do
                      to each other either malignantly or in the spirit of fun and games.
                      The gas hose pix looks staged.
                      Steve

Comment

Can we not post graphic images, without a warning first. Just had to explain that pic to my 5 year old. This is a machinist site not rotten.com.

Comment

Started a thread about coax indicators on HSM. Things go to hell in a hurry when you think outside the box here. http://metalworkingathome.com/?p=68

Comment

Sorry Rookie I will make an adjustment

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie machinist
                              Can we not post graphic images, without a warning first. Just had to explain that pic to my 5 year old. This is a machinist site not rotten.com.
                              -Agreed. While I've seen that photo before, it's still distasteful, and not at all what I come to this site to see.

In any case, what does this have to do with machining, again?

Besides being off topic, there's already dozens of sites out there showing the various "stupid human tricks"- from humorous (IE, non-fatal) airplane accidents, to home-improvement gone wrong. There's even a site that takes photos from online real-estate listings and makes fun of the colors or the decorations or the ugly wallpaper.

We don't need to keep reposting the same crap here.

Doc.
                              Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Working...
                              X