Trying out new lead melter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying out new lead melter

Decided to try out the new lead melter I built. It's not finished but had to try it out. Made some ammo for my cannon 1# balls. I used wheel weights. The kiln will hold 150# at least of lead. It's bottom pore uses tapered plug in the bottom works great.

Last edited by jeremy13; 02-06-2010, 11:24 PM.

I think my pin would float up if I get it full of lead. I will have to add a spring.

Comment

Damn, my little 10# pot doesn't hold a candle to that one.

Expect an arrest order soon from the EPA for discharging lead into the environment.

Clutch

Comment

How about a photo of what yer gonna shoot them in?

Comment

Ok Discharging lead in to the enviroment? You got to find them first.
          Last edited by jeremy13; 02-06-2010, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Duck

I'm glad yue arnt in Klumbus Ahia we'ns would have to duck if you fired that thing east.

Nice gun thow I like it, would be nice to have it in the bach of my truck in heavy traffic with the gate down.

Cookie

Comment

It looks tall enough you wouldn't have to lower the gate! Fitting a crew in with it might be a bit of a problem... I can just see it...tailgating Peterbilt...lanyard to a friction primer...KABOOM!...no more Peterbilt!

David
              David Kaiser
              “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
              ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Is "wheal whaits." Tecican for wheel weights ???
                :-) Lew

Comment

We go down to the junk yard and give back the lead, in the cars. The lead balls will go straight threw the doors and out the other side. The engine block will stop them but will suffer a deep crack. I can't find the pix right now but hear is a dryer and some golf ball hits at a hundred yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Lew Hartswick
                    Is "wheal whaits." Tecican for wheel weights ???
                    :-) Lew
                    So much for spell check

Comment

What do you do with the steel bits in the wheel weight's? I was thinking of making cannon balls for fishing, and I have access to lots of wheel weights.

Comment

All the impurities will float to the top of the molten lead. The steal clips, rocks and brass bits from valve stems. Just skim them off the top and your ready to go. Theirs not to many things that will sink in lead. I think gold will sink and a few other exotic alloys. Evan the lead less wheel weights will float.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy13
                          All the impurities will float to the top of the molten lead. The steal clips, rocks and brass bits from valve stems. Just skim them off the top and your ready to go. Theirs not to many things that will sink in lead. I think gold will sink and a few other exotic alloys. Evan the lead less wheel weights will float.
                          Oh, ya, didn't think of that. LOL. DUUUUU

Thanks

Comment

You might want to read this:

"The leading cause of lead poisoning in adults is through inhalation of lead dust or lead vapor. However, lead can also enter the body through ingestion or through skin contact while working with certain chemicals and solvents. No matter what the source of lead exposure, the end result is always the same. Once lead enters the body, it is absorbed by the lungs and/or the digestive tract. The lead then enters the bloodstream and is distributed to all tissues throughout the body. Health effects as a result of lead exposure are directly related with the concentration of lead. At low levels of exposure, slight changes in nervous system function and muscle and joint pain can occur. High levels of lead exposure have been associated with memory and concentration problems, extreme tiredness, reproductive problems, kidney failure and even coma or death. As a result, it is pertinent that any individual exposed to lead practice safe-work techniques."

Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Don't melt lead in your basement, or attached garage.
                              DAMHIK

Comment

Working...
                              X