Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Help Enco 1540 Lathe

Hi guys,
    Trying to help a friend of mine with his Model 1540 Enco lathe.Does anybody have a parts or operators book?The main problem I see is a sheared shaft in the feed area for the carriage.Before removing it,I'd like to see if we have any options?Thanks Rich

Once you re-build a 4 barrel carburetor, everything else is cake.
    Just tear into it. I've never found manuals to be all that helpful.
    Especially Chinese English manuals.
    Sounds like a nice size lathe.

--Doozer
    DZER

Comment

Originally posted by landspeedrich
      Hi guys,
      Trying to help a friend of mine with his Model 1540 Enco lathe.Does anybody have a parts or operators book?The main problem I see is a sheared shaft in the feed area for the carriage.Before removing it,I'd like to see if we have any options?Thanks Rich
      If you call Enco, they will tell you whether that manual is available. You need to have the code number for the lathe available. The one for my lathe was 110-1340 (13 X 40). If they have it, they will probably give it to you free of charge. They gave me a manual for my 7 X 12 Horizontal/Vertical bandsaw.

Their number is 800-873-3626

I looked at their shop manuals posted on their site and I didn't see a 15 X 40. Are you certain that it is a 15 X 40? They show 12, 13, 14, and 20" machines. Thay may have built a 15 but I don't recall seeing one. Just give them a call.

Here's the manual link.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPAGE?P...ry/manuals.htm

Comment

Enco 1540

Thanks for the responce guys.Enco tech had no info on a 1540.I told them the placarding on the lathe says Enco 1540.I'll just dig in pull the shaft and see if we can't affect a repair.Thanks guys, Rich

Comment

Working...
        X